How to price a strange, unusual war paint?

byertfjord

Hey guys. Earlier today I unboxed a strange unusual war paint, blue tier, well worn wear, and from what I see I've got one of the only ones. What's the best way to go about pricing it?

And for those cheeky enough to ask, I'm not selling yet. I want to get a real good idea of what I could get for it from either keys or marketplace.tf real boy money before I sell it.

Thanks.

20190122084855_1.jpg

You could get an idea from recent market sales of other mercenary-grade strange unusual war paints: Here

Most of these have gone for $150-180 ($130-155 w/o taxes) in the past. I can find only 2 outstanding sale prices above $200, even if people expect to get $350+. I don't think it's a good idea to sit on the item too long, buy orders for these start within the $100-130 range and the higher end seems ok to settle for.

Wear doesn't matter much in the battle-scarred/well-worn/field-tested range; nor does the effect, as it's a matter of personal taste

Also, if you check marketplacetf - Here - and sort by price from most to least expensive, you can see that some even rarer (higher grade) strange unusuals are sitting for high 100$ to low 200$ . I don't see these moving any time soon, but you might want to check them out.

12 hours ago, byertfjord said:

Hey guys. Earlier today I unboxed a strange unusual war paint, blue tier, well worn wear, and from what I see I've got one of the only ones. What's the best way to go about pricing it?

And for those cheeky enough to ask, I'm not selling yet. I want to get a real good idea of what I could get for it from either keys or marketplace.tf real boy money before I sell it.

Thanks.

20190122084855_1.jpg

10 hours ago, fclarke said:

Ask Archimo, the unusual weapons guy.

Or, check his guide on strange unusual war paints:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313186981

It's best to take fclarke's advice, visit the Unusual Weapons Guy for prices on it.

Sorry for the late response. Ended up going thru Archimo's guide. Got a general idea and one or two people who want to trade for it. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help everyone.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, byertfjord said:

Sorry for the late response. Ended up going thru Archimo's guide. Got a general idea and one or two people who want to trade for it. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help everyone.

Congrats on the unbox though. 

Archived