Steam app not sending message notifications

Free 2 Play Scootz

So for awhile now my steam app has not given me notifications when someone messages me on steam. I have the setting in the app turned on as well as on my phones settings. I get the notifications for steam guard and trade confirmations, just not when people message me. 

Ive tried logging in and out, changing the settings and changing them back, deleting the app (which only got me a 2 day trade hold (fuck) ), and even downloaded the app on my iPad but nothing. I’ve heard a good amount of people have had this problem and wondering if anyone has a solution. 

the mobile app has been barely updated, its full of bugs and there is even still old interface, we just need to wait for an app update , if it will ever happen 

Well recently the steam app has been terrible, I'd say the last week ish. It used to send notifications but it seems broken right now. Hopefully they fix it / patch it soon. It's real annoying. I don't think there is a way to fix it as of yet.

EDIT: It just started working again :shrug:

On 1/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, Free 2 Play Scootz said:

So for awhile now my steam app has not given me notifications when someone messages me on steam. I have the setting in the app turned on as well as on my phones settings. I get the notifications for steam guard and trade confirmations, just not when people message me. 

Ive tried logging in and out, changing the settings and changing them back, deleting the app (which only got me a 2 day trade hold (fuck) ), and even downloaded the app on my iPad but nothing. I’ve heard a good amount of people have had this problem and wondering if anyone has a solution. 

Did you enable push notifications in your settings?

Go to settings> app preferences> bacground connectivity

Enable use push notifications on background.

Archived