Jump to content
Findiculous

No signal display error help

Recommended Posts

Findiculous    233
Findiculous

Evening all

 

So im in posession of an ASUS Strix 1070-08G which was purchased second hand. This is now the second card from the same seller (the first was a 1070 Gigabyte card with the same problem).

 

So heres the thing:

During a game or even just browsing the internet, my monitors will shut off with a "no signal" error. The only fix is to restart my PC and everything goes back to normal until it inevitably happens again. I cant figure it out and I have tried all methods I could think of.

 

Further details:

When the signal stops, the RGB on the card also looks like it freezes though I am unsure if related.

 

What I have done:

Replaced the card (this problem first occurred with the Gigabyte card so I got a replacement)

Re-seated the card

Uninstalled all drivers (using DDU) and then reinstalled from ASUS website first (it crashed a couple of days later so I installed most up to date NVidia drivers and still crashing)

Checked power cable is plugged in properly into graphics card

Change display settings to reduce monitors to 1080p 60hz instead of 1080p 144hz

Bought new Display adapter cables (as I thought those might be faulty)

Adjusted the fan curve of card so that it starts the fan earlier and never puts the settings to "fan stop"

Checked temps of card prior to failure (doesnt ever go over 55 degrees)

 

I am now out of ideas. (It just crashed again whilst typing this forum post luckily chrome saved what i was typing). Look I need advice or just something I havent tried. 

 

If anybody out there has had a similar problem. Let me know. Im pretty desperate here to get a fix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
6 hours ago, johnny696996699 said:

turn ur monitor off and on when that happens

ezpz yw np

 

Cant tell  if this is a serious response or not but no that doesnt work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee    76
DanielDee

If it crashes randomly it sounds like it could be some sort of motherboard chipset or memory issue. You mentioned it happening previously on a different card so i suspect the issue is with PCiE chipset or ram, Or,  the person who is selling them to you has a dodgey system and there killing there cards then selling them on as "working" when they are clearly faulty.

Try running a memory test and see what that brings back. In theory if there is a memory issue as soon as the test begins it should in theory crash immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
7 hours ago, DanielDee said:

If it crashes randomly it sounds like it could be some sort of motherboard chipset or memory issue. You mentioned it happening previously on a different card so i suspect the issue is with PCiE chipset or ram, Or,  the person who is selling them to you has a dodgey system and there killing there cards then selling them on as "working" when they are clearly faulty.

Try running a memory test and see what that brings back. In theory if there is a memory issue as soon as the test begins it should in theory crash immediately.

 

Furmark has been run without issue. GPU-Z recognises the card. This issue happened on a previous gigabyte card but prior to that I had a 780ti which had no issues in the years I owned the card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee    76
DanielDee
15 hours ago, Findiculous said:

 

Furmark has been run without issue. GPU-Z recognises the card. This issue happened on a previous gigabyte card but prior to that I had a 780ti which had no issues in the years I owned the card

Have you tried a memory test? when i say memory i mean motherboard memory. It seems to me the only thing that has been a common factor between both cards.  Often when memory is on its way out it can cause similar issues to what you have mentioned. Try running memtest to see what it brings back.

https://www.memtest86.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
1 hour ago, DanielDee said:

Have you tried a memory test? when i say memory i mean motherboard memory. It seems to me the only thing that has been a common factor between both cards.  Often when memory is on its way out it can cause similar issues to what you have mentioned. Try running memtest to see what it brings back.

https://www.memtest86.com/

 

Memory test has been run with no issues detected. All came back clear. Currently working with 32GB DDR3. I will reiterate though that this issue only started after I replaced my old 780ti which had never had this problem. So up until November 2018, there had been no issues like this in the 4 years of using this computer. The only thing that changed was the Graphics card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee    76
DanielDee
22 hours ago, Findiculous said:

 

Memory test has been run with no issues detected. All came back clear. Currently working with 32GB DDR3. I will reiterate though that this issue only started after I replaced my old 780ti which had never had this problem. So up until November 2018, there had been no issues like this in the 4 years of using this computer. The only thing that changed was the Graphics card

Oh. Your original post is a bit misleading then. Because you state you have acquired two cards off a seller and both have the same problem.....

" This is now the second card from the same seller (the first was a 1070 Gigabyte card with the same problem). "

If, unlike your OP states if the old card didnt have the same problem then its the card you have currently installed. THe fact you stated in the OP you had the problem previously with a previous card from the same seller the moboard seemed the common factor. Since you have now stated your OP isnt actually acurrate in that your old card never actually had the problem you stated it did have, then its your current card which is faulty. Id say try and test it in another pc but if the card is remotely faulty it could mess up whichever other computer you install it into. Either that i am reading your most recent post incorrectly in that you purchased a card of ebay. It didnt work so you sent it back, then got sent another and it does the same issue. If its the latter then the ebay seller is selling faulty goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
1 minute ago, DanielDee said:

Oh. Your original post is a bit misleading then. Because you state you have acquired two cards off a seller and both have the same problem.....

" This is now the second card from the same seller (the first was a 1070 Gigabyte card with the same problem). "

 

Yes the card I had before buying from the seller was a 780ti. I then purchaed a Gigabyte 1070 card in November which suffered from this problem. After a lot of troubleshooting, I had not choice but to determine that the card was faulty. So I returned it and got given and ASUS Strix 1070. This card suffered from the same problem. I returned the card yesterday and luckily still have my 780ti to hand. My old 780ti has been having no problems so far.

 

My next step will be to purchase the RTX 2060 (due to it being reasonably priced for a new card). However, if the card has the same issues then im really at a loss here and will need to consider buying an all new system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee    76
DanielDee
1 minute ago, Findiculous said:

 

Yes the card I had before buying from the seller was a 780ti. I then purchaed a Gigabyte 1070 card in November which suffered from this problem. After a lot of troubleshooting, I had not choice but to determine that the card was faulty. So I returned it and got given and ASUS Strix 1070. This card suffered from the same problem. I returned the card yesterday and luckily still have my 780ti to hand. My old 780ti has been having no problems so far.

 

My next step will be to purchase the RTX 2060 (due to it being reasonably priced for a new card). However, if the card has the same issues then im really at a loss here and will need to consider buying an all new system. 

What size PSU do you have?. If its 4 years old you may want to look into getting that upgraded/checked out before you goto a rtx 2060.

Also if you have added Hard drives and other equipment over that 4 year period you may find the PSU is under a little stress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
2 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

What size PSU do you have?. If its 4 years old you may want to look into getting that upgraded/checked out before you goto a rtx 2060

PSU is 850W RM Gold Corsair. Plenty of juice for the RTX card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee    76
DanielDee
4 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

PSU is 850W RM Gold Corsair. Plenty of juice for the RTX card

Not a bad psu. That said if the PSU is 4 years old you may want to open up the chassis of the PSU and give it a little clean with an air duster and a paint brush.  My thermaltake 850 worked fine for about 5 years then suddely the PC would just black/blue screen/power down every now and again. When i opened up the chassis of the PSU there were arking marks around two of the capacitors that seemed to be baked/caked in dust. As a rule of thumb, If you have the skills, always do a year or 6 monthly check on ALL heatsinks, fan assemblies and thermal pastes (PSU, GFX, Mobo etc) to ensure all are as they should be. 4 years of smoke,dust and pollen nearly killed my thermal take but thankfully. After taking it apart and giving it a good blow job it seemed to fix the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Findiculous    233
Findiculous
3 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

Not a bad psu. That said if the PSU is 4 years old you may want to open up the chassis of the PSU and give it a little clean with an air duster and a paint brush.  My thermaltake 850 worked fine for about 5 years then suddely the PC would just black/blue screen/power down every now and again. When i opened up the chassis of the PSU there were arking marks around two of the capacitors that seemed to be baked/caked in dust. As a rule of thumb, If you have the skills, always do a year or 6 monthly check on ALL heatsinks, fan assemblies and thermal pastes (PSU, GFX, Mobo etc) to ensure all are as they should be. 4 years of smoke,dust and pollen nearly killed my thermal take but thankfully. After taking it apart and giving it a good blow job it seemed to fix the problem

 

Covered that too. I recently moved everything to a new case to which I also did an in depth system clean. The PSU was the cleanest part of my rig with practically no dust at all. I will obviously be keeping an eye on it and with the new case, I might need new PSU cables as the ones I have are a little long which makes cable management a pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×