Flaneur

1 hour ago, goatofthesevenseasons said:

what

34 minutes ago, Ryan #KHABIB said:

what

34 minutes ago, cha0s said:

what

HE SAID

"Is any chance to see what the last items was put on steam community market? 

Likw monitoring or 

is possible by scrpit?"

Basically, he wants a script that will show the most recent items from tf2 put on steam market, I assume this is for getting deals asap when a good item is put on the market, by grabbing it quickly after its put on before anyone else, but no, u cant do it and I don't think theres a script for that

18 minutes ago, JayTee said:

Basically, he wants a script that will show the most recent items from tf2 put on steam market, I assume this is for getting deals asap when a good item is put on the market, by grabbing it quickly after its put on before anyone else, but no, u cant do it and I don't think theres a script for that

Thank you

57 minutes ago, JayTee said:

There used to be a script a long time ago which was developed by a regular SCM trader. However, it was removed from circulation because the dev of the script got caught using it and got trade banned and lost £20,000 worth of goodies that he had acquired with said polling and purchse script to look for quick sells, bargains and in general misplaced listings etc. Ie someone listing for 10 instead of 100 or 100 instead of 1000. This was about three years ago and i havent seen him on the forums here at all since. I would recommend if you develope a script to just have a polling script. Automating purchases on the SCM beyond buy orders is against steams ToS i beleive.

3 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

There used to be a script a long time ago which was developed by a regular SCM trader. However, it was removed from circulation because the dev of the script got caught using it and lost £20,000 worth of goodies that he had acquired with said polling and purchse script to look for quick sells, bargains and in general misplaced listings etc. Ie someone listing for 10 instead of 100 or 100 instead of 1000. This was about three years ago and i havent seen him on the forums here at all since.

What? How could the dev lose 20,000 if he's the one who made the script? I'm confused on ur sentence

6 minutes ago, JayTee said:

What? How could the dev lose 20,000 if he's the one who made the script? I'm confused on ur sentence

Valve trade banned him. To my recollection at the time the developer of the script said he got greedy and then caught.When he got greedy he decided to upp the polling (scrape) time and subsequent (snipe) purchase time and i beleive this is what led to him getting trade banned by valve because the timing in the transactions were within milliseconds. The time between a listing appearing and it being purchased was what gave him away. Shortlly after the scripter was trade banned they introduced SCM buy and sell orders. I assume to some how get around or deter people trying to use bots to purchase from SCM

• 5 months later...

So making a bot that automatically does the purchase and all is a definite no-no. You can scrape the "Recently Listed" items and generate an alert on your script whenever something juicy was found, however:

1. They are rarely going to be TF2 items

2. It's only 10 at a time

3. You will get throttled if you do it more often than every 15 seconds.

It's possible to find some deals, but you will have incomplete information that will make this extremely rare, so it's not going to be very successful.

Archived