Option to add text on bp.tf profile

LeROY

About 2-3 times a year I get; Warned about or accused/blamed for impersonators action.

In all accounts (possible)victim has been given link to my backpack.tf page, unfortunately some fall for this so my suggestion:

Add option to write a small message beside Name(over Awards) on backpack.tf

(Made outlined screenshot but cant post for some reason)

I know theres a warning on certain users page but if my profile is used 2-3 times a year(that I get informed of), its probably common to use any top-1000 backpack user.

I see there could be issues with this being misused to promote other agendas but maybe 2-3 options one can fill out like:

"Make sure my Steam level is ...." or "I only trade through (mplc)" Anything to verify the profile is same as on Steam

Or maybe Im just trying to fix stupid... idk

Why not instead of just the banner that goes across the players backpack, why don't we have a popup as a player scrolls down to see their inventory or when a player gets into the backpack that says "WARNING: This user is impersonated often, please click here" (Here will redirect to the users REAL steam) to verify that you are trading with is indeed the person who owns this backpack?  Sometimes to cure stupid, you have to stick it right in their face for them to actually get it. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ursa said:

Why not instead of just the banner that goes across the players backpack, why don't we have a popup as a player scrolls down to see their inventory or when a player gets into the backpack that says "WARNING: This user is impersonated often, please click here" (Here will redirect to the users REAL steam) to verify that you are trading with is indeed the person who owns this backpack?  Sometimes to cure stupid, you have to stick it right in their face for them to actually get it. 

This is literally what the banner says, and it also shows on their backpack page.

Example: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198024925599

Unless your a mod or have 10k+ value backpack (or donate $50 to teeny) I don't think the staff will put that heading on you. Just make sure you have a way of people telling its the real you (like in ur description write: lvl ___ on steam or whatever)

But, maybe there is a way to request one, I don't know.

2 hours ago, JayTee said:

-

But, maybe there is a way to request one, I don't know.

If you or your impersonators are frequently reported on the main site, they will add it to you

Archived