Just lost all my hats for christmas

ThePartyScout

So recently I made a trade with this guy. He wanted two taunts for like 10 keys, which was an insane deal. I took it up. But then he tells me to trade all my stuff that I've unboxed and traded for to this middleman so that he can check it for dupes and crap. I immediately know what's happening, and basically tell Steam Support, "We got one!" But then the middleman says "Why did you make a ticket?" But I didn't even tell him I made one. So I pulled it back, believing he worked with Steam and gave him my stuff. He then says all my items are dupes, tries to force twenty keys out of me to get them back, or he claims I'll get banned. Then I get my ticket back, am told he got trade banned, and that my stuff is lost forever. I'm now a sad gibus scout main with the skill of a grandmaster and the hats of a noob. RIP. If ya'll want to make donations to help me get back up on my feet, greatly appreciated. This was like the worst Christmas gift.

22 minutes ago, ThePartyScout said:

tells me to trade all my stuff that I've unboxed

check it for dupes and crap

Use common sence next time, how can unboxed items be duped? And read the Steam community rules, "support" section, to avoid common scam techiques. Also, in there somwhere it says that Steam staff has no involment in trading.

PS sorry for being rude, I understand how you're felling, but DUCK THIS SHIP, IN 2019 PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THIS IDIOTIC "ITEM VERIFICATION"

Yeah, no shit, Vavle have no power to control everything on your (your, hah, read the TOS, you are not owner, just a renter) account. Like all those virtual things are not on their servers. Ok, in this case, if you refuse to send them your items for check, they'll ask for your login and password to execute your ban?

PPS can you at least link to the scammers profiles (or to the ticket on this site, if you have reported them)

Actually connected my account for backpack.tf just for this. I have never really seen a reason to make a post before this or reply to one. 

1 hour ago, Hell Killy said:

Use common sence next time, how can unboxed items be duped? And read the Steam community rules, "support" section, to avoid common scam techiques. Also, in there somwhere it says that Steam staff has no involment in trading.

PS sorry for being rude, I understand how you're felling, but DUCK THIS SHIP, IN 2019 PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THIS IDIOTIC "ITEM VERIFICATION"

Yeah, no shit, Vavle have no power to control everything on your (your, hah, read the TOS, you are not owner, just a renter) account. Like all those virtual things are not on their servers. Ok, in this case, if you refuse to send them your items for check, they'll ask for your login and password to execute your ban?

PPS can you at least link to the scammers profiles (or to the ticket on this site, if you have reported them)

Actually, I got the guy to be trade banned, and his account had all its stuff removed. originally he was like level 60, called Reymart, now he's a nobody and his name is literally nothing. No numbers or letters. All my items were deleted along with his account. Yeah, I was a complete retard for falling for this crap.

1 minute ago, Zoinks said:

You say all of your items are gone, but there is no recount of your backpack value going down or your items missing. It's a straight line. https://imgur.com/5tFJaGU

Again, never had my account set up before this, so the website is just seeing my inventory now, and only now. I'm not lying for attention.

Edit: Ignore me. I'm dumb he said he unboxed them.

His bp was seen on 12/15 but he had nothing then because Xmas hadn't come for him to get money for unboxing yet. Also a forum on a website full of traders is about the dumbest place ever to beg for items.

I got the guy to be trade banned, and his account had all its stuff removed

Too good to be true, there are dozens of well known scammers around here, with huge inventories and bunches of alts. Vavle not giving a duck about them. Also read the notification it the report window: they do not punish people only by a reports.

2 hours ago, ThePartyScout said:

RIP. If ya'll want to make donations to help me get back up on my feet, greatly appreciated. This was like the worst Christmas gift.

So the whole point of this post was to beg?

How do I delete someone else's post?

4 hours ago, ThePartyScout said:

Jesus, now I regret ever coming here I'll delete my post for Christ's sake.

this is the price you pay for requesting advice from others in the TF2 community smh

12 hours ago, ThePartyScout said:

Actually, I got the guy to be trade banned, and his account had all its stuff removed. originally he was like level 60, called Reymart, now he's a nobody and his name is literally nothing. No numbers or letters. All my items were deleted along with his account. Yeah, I was a complete retard for falling for this crap.

He will have flipped all the goods to an alt and blocked you. Its why you cannot see shit in his bp

Also him querying why you had made a ticket was pure speculation on his part. If you are not wise enough to figure that out then stop trading until you have the common sense.
His speculation is Similar to when you find out something which you shouldnt in real life then go up to the person and drop hints to check for reaction. Except the scammer has probably been doing it for years so knows the response will always be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived