Is it worth spending money on TF2 if it's the only video game i've been playing for years?

r0b

/title

I've always wanted to get aussies and unusual miscs for each of my most played classes, so i did the math and i'd need to spend about $600 on keys.

I managed to sell a thing i had laying around for $160 usd, and i'm certain that i can also sell my NIntendo Switch to get the rest of the money.

I mean, TF2 is my favorite game of all time and i play it everyday but i almost feel bad for spending such a big amount.

Have you guys spent a big amount on TF2? Do you think it was worth it? Do you think it'll be worth it for a person who plays nothing but TF2?

"Worth it" is very subjective. 

On the one hand, some people would argue that spending any amount of money on pixels is never worth it.

On the other hand, if you have the disposable income and spending it on TF2 will make you happier than the other things you can do with it, then it doesn't make sense not to do it. 

There's also the fact that money spent on TF2 items isn't money flushed down the toilet; it's at least partially recoverable.  If you ever get tired of the game or need the money, you have the option of cashing out.  Aussies in particular are very close to pure, and you could probably sell them quickly for 90% of what you paid for them, if the need/desire arose.

I would definitely steer someone away from plundering their savings to buy hats, for example; but in your case, selling something that you use for entertainment (your Switch) to get something else that you want more makes perfect sense.

Most People Who Have Nice Stuff Get It By Doin Trading (Expect Those Chinese And Arab Cash Wells). If U Have Disposable Income & Enjoy The Items U Will Buy, Go For It! Jus Don't Steal Ur Mom's Credit Card For It ^^

If you wanna do it, then I see no real reason NOT to, but just keep in mind the resell potential, should you choose to cash out of the game. Chances are you'll be taking heavy losses from tax on pretty much every cash site, and higher tier unusuals, even miscs, can take some time to sell.

And yes! I've spent far more on this cursed game than I'd like to admit, and ironically enough trading with said items helped pay for my own Nintendo Switch.

Ive spent ~500$ but cashed out over 7000$ total (from both cago & tf2) and would total call it worth it! Aswell as I still have some really sweet cosmetics still and 6500$ cashback 👍

You do you man. If it makes you happy, go for it. I'd advise not selling the switch though. PC gaming and Nintendo consoles make the best combo. Don't go for Aussies. Go for unusual weapons. Those have far more flair imo, and are often  cheaper. And my last recommendation is to use a little bit of that money to buy some keys for trading. Maybe ~50 keys?. 

As someone who has spent a shitton on the game, I would never consider selling any of my other possessions in order to get more tf2 items to be worth it.

Dont sell a real world item to buy digital goods. You will lose out overall. If you wish to buy something for tf2 save any "spare" income that you get and purchase as and when you have enough.

I often get people ask me when i am playing mvm how many aussies i have had in all the 1659 tours and was it worth it and i can assure you. Its a low amount of return and well. Looking at the overall figure spent. It wasnt worth it. However, it was only a £4 a day habit and was generally fun and enjoyable in the most part but after a few years it turns into quite a chunk.

Card drops received: 1604
You don't have any more drops remaining for Team Fortress 2.
How can I earn more drops?
Card drops in free to play games are rewards for spending money in game.
You have spent approximately $14,394.07 USD in the game after this card set was released.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived