(suggestion guide) how to make a trade bot

NoName--

Although this is mainly for me, most guides for bot making are 1+ years old and i@m not really willing to test out old methods in case of... stuff being stolen

i see many bots and i would love to know how to make one and i'm sure others do too.

overall i'd really appreciate a guide on bot making if that would be awesome thanks :DDD

Please make a bot that doesn’t cancel its trade faster than I can confirm trades :(

literally half Of the bots on classifieds are oops this offer has been active too Long or items traded away in another trade

2 hours ago, Julia said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+program+a+steam+trading+bot

Most of the "older" guides are still relevant.

I would love a backpack.tf guide, I couldn't find how to do one in python, only how to make web crawlers but not how to apply it to backpack.tf, I got into the API and etc. Even my brother who does python for his job didn't know how to do it and list items lmao

11 hours ago, Mokky said:

Please make a bot that doesn’t cancel its trade faster than I can confirm trades :(

literally half Of the bots on classifieds are oops this offer has been active too Long or items traded away in another trade

Even though this isn't relevant to the question, I do hate this. My phone is incredibly slow confirming offers so I have to click the Accept button about a hundred times until it works, and half the time it doesn't. Only certain trade bots allow the offer to be active for more than 30 seconds, and the only ones that do don't give out change for some reason. Make a mix of both and I'd probably trade the hell out of that bot.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but learning to actually code is going to be more beneficial than just copying/pasting some bot you find online.

Learning to code means you will be able to modify/improve/create your own bots and then potentially move on to other things. If you just copy/paste something and hope it works perfectly, not only are you not able to expand on it, but when things inevitably break you're going to end up spending more time figuring out what the hell is going on than you would actually learning to code it from scratch.

So while it seems like a pain in the ass to actually learn to do these things, the reward will be infinitely greater if you invest the time to do it.

Archived