Are horseshoes still a thing?

Lucrayzor

I know there's kind of a stigma around spells, and a lot of people are just not at all interested in them, but from what I've heard headless horseshoes is like the ultimate god tier spell. Is it still marketable you think, and about how much does it add to an item's value?

18 minutes ago, Lucrayzor said:

eerie fire cloud crasher. It also has voices on it.

Usually unusuals with spells dont really add into price. However, if it was matching you can snaggle a couple keys out of it

1 hour ago, Beaser said:

Usually unusuals with spells dont really add into price. However, if it was matching you can snaggle a couple keys out of it

Maybe eerie fire + eerie voice? Idk lol. But yeah, you're probably right.

Horseshoes and footprint spells in general do add to normal hats, and there is a market there. Most single-class and normal hats with footprint spells could fetch 2-4 keys, horseshoes on certain hats 7+. It really depends on the hat/type of footprint but in regards to unusuals, spells don't add too much. If they are good enough spells it's mainly something to convince the trade. 

Unusuals are too rare and too specific already to really get any value added by spells.

Your example hat, only 1 exists, so if it has spells on it or not will not matter at all. Usually people are looking to buy a specific hat already, and if someone wants to buy an eerie cloudcrasher, they will buy it, no matter if it has spells or not.

If there are 2 on the market, and one has spells and one doesn't and they are being sold for the same price then the one with the spells usually has the advantage.

The third scenario is happening less often but still exists, when people are looking at a range of hats, for example all eerie soldier hats around the 30-50 key range. They will go through the options, and if all have spells on them, doesn't matter, if only your hat would have spells on it and the person likes spells then you have a good chance to get the deal. Often people just send trade offers to 3-5 different hats and whoever takes it first gets the deal, spells might just be a factor to get into the closer competition but yeah.

In the end most people prefer hats with spells if the price is the same, cause some people like spells and pay a little extra for it which makes them ever so slightly more valueable.

The majority (myself included) doesn't pay extra for spells, just like for levels, paint or length of the item history.

I won't even consider a hat (keeper) without them. 

A very rare unusual effect for only your feet.

Of course it mattters...just stop this madness.

How much it matters...depends on each and every buyer.

Archived