My listing price was auto increased after posting

spaceboy

Hi all,

I think this is the first time I've placed ads on this site.  I placed several routine cosmetic ads without issue, but when I listed two unusuals,  both listings got bumped up by " 0.05 keys".

3.75 became 3.8

13.25 became 13.3

Is there a fee applied to some listings, or perhaps this is a bug?  I just tried deleting and relisting one of them, and it did it again.

Probably some rounding thing, cause you're using two decimal places? Not sure on it though

0.05 keys is roughly the same as 2 ref. So might not even be worth it to worry about too much at low-tier unusual level

1 hour ago, Koekoek19 said:

Probably some rounding thing, cause you're using two decimal places? Not sure on it though

0.05 keys is roughly the same as 2 ref. So might not even be worth it to worry about too much at low-tier unusual level

True it's trivial money, but it does put me behind all the others selling for the price I tried to list at, and I could lose a sale like that.  I'll just list at lower price and try to line it up.

1 hour ago, LSO said:

It's rounding following unusual pricing guidelines on bp. If you hover over your listing itself you will see the # of ref.

Thanks.  I'll just have to delete and relist whenever this happens.

When you're listing an item you have 2 boxes - 1 for keys and 1 for metal, so why don't you just put value in both of them? It will calculate the value in keys, based on bp.tf price for that. You can also see what others are selling for. For example the unusual taunt you're trying to sell is being sold by bots for "Selling for: 3 keys, 30 ref".

Also I think it was impossible to put decimal value for keys before the latest site update. Which is how it's supposed to be, since we have a box for metal as well.

44 minutes ago, shadyfan said:

When you're listing an item you have 2 boxes - 1 for keys and 1 for metal, so why don't you just put value in both of them? It will calculate the value in keys, based on bp.tf price for that. You can also see what others are selling for. For example the unusual taunt you're trying to sell is being sold by bots for "Selling for: 3 keys, 30 ref".

Also I think it was impossible to put decimal value for keys before the latest site update. Which is how it's supposed to be, since we have a box for metal as well.

Ok, thanks, I'll try using both boxes next time.  The way it is now, when I put say, 3.75 in the key box and then I say "3 keys + 30 ref " in the text, and it rounds it to 3.8, then the numbers don't match anymore and I have to adjust the text on the relist.  Hopefully using both boxes will fix that.

Archived