Where To Start/What To Do With My Current Inventory?

Morgstrosity

Recently I just found an Australium Rocket Launcher in MvM, and I was wondering what should I do with it. I would like to get back into trading, but I know nothing about trading unusuals as I was only able to trade up to maybe 3 keys and always spent that on other things. Should I sell the rocket launcher for pure or trade it for unusuals? Some tips about pricing unusuals, how to buy/sell them, and what platforms to use (as tf2outpost isn't alive anymore) would be nice. Also sorry if this topic counts as spam, I couldn't find a rule anywhere that said it would be against the rules. Thanks for your time! :)

Since the bots are now a thing, low tier trading is pretty dead, but there is a lot of room for profit with unusuals. Selling it for pure and then getting into unusual trading is a pretty good idea. Alternatively, australiums are pretty much considered pure anyway so you could try and offer your rocket launcher on some unusuals, asking for overpay.

Pricing:

Well obviously the first thing to do is to is check the listed backpack.tf value, from there you can look at any sell orders/buy orders. If the unusual is overpriced there will be a bunch of people 'quickselling' and bots buying for rock-bottom prices. If it is underpriced there will be sellers higher than bp.tf and bots will be offering quite close to the listed price.

Another way is to browse unusual prices by effects and see, in general, which effects are worth more than another. So if an unusual with a g.fetti effect is priced more than the same with cloud 9 for example then it is safe to say that unusual is overpriced, or at least a very hard sell due to there being better effects at a lower price.

Backpack.tf classifieds is probably the best thing to use right now, you could also use bazaar.tf since that pretty much replaced outpost. (Outpost wasn't that good anyway

Spamming "buying quicksells" in trade servers has long been a thing and actually does work but is very slow. You could also try making bazar.tf posts and buy order here. Also, make sure to check the item trading posts here for any deals.

sell it for keys. cash out keys. hire psychic to predict tf2 future trends.

or just sell it for keys and get a couple or more unusuals that you like and wanna keep. you'll be happier in the long run lol

As stated above, that aussie rocket launcher is literally keys. You could either sell it for 31 keys or offer in on unusuals worth 40+ in the form of an australium, that may appeal more. Regardless, unusual trading especially nowadays is more profitable then ever, and 31 keys is a ripe stage to begin your journey.

^^This.

Also, If you want to trade for a profit, since you got the Australium Rocket Launcher from MvM, quickselling it to the highest buyer will still yield you a decent profit.

From there, you can get into Unusual trading with the keys you got from the quicksale.

Me personally, I trade to get things I want. If this is your m.o. too, I'd still quicksell since its an MvM find, and then depending on your tastes I'd get some strange killstreak weapons or put the keys toward an Unusual you want.

Again, your call.

Archived