tf2call.com: is it legit?

Salt n’ Quackers

tf2call.com is a gambling website that somebody is trying to get my to affiliate myself with, but should I trust them? Is it a phish? The person messaging me is saying they can control who wins and has demonstrated such, and I want to know if I should do anything with them. I don't think so, but I'm just making sure.

No.

A. Gambling is against Steam TOS.

B. No he will most likely force you to deposit items before you can make a withdrawal then run away with your items.

C. If he can control those odds, who is to say he won't just screw you over with the odds.

D. Gambling is not "ez muney", be smart either trade up or invest $$ into it.

E. Also did his site have a fake login, did he trick you into using a fake login form to give all your account details?

F. Why you? Some random stranger he has never talked to before. Why does he want to make you ez rich. What about his friends?

E: I belive it was the actual steam login, because it gave me the “click here to sign in” with my profile and such. Also, thanks.

1 minute ago, Salt n’ Quackers said:

E: I belive it was the actual steam login, because it gave me the “click here to sign in” with my profile and such. Also, thanks.

Did you enter your username and password on the "steam login page"?

Also watch out for ALL GAMBLING SITES!!!

As DanielDee posted in a different forum: 

-tf2skull, tf2call, tf2dragon, and many more, they use the EXACT ADVERTISING METHOD MENTIONED ABOVE.

They are all extremely new sites, created only about a week ago by a Russian group, most likely in anticipation of Christmas. 

DO NOT PROMOTE OR GAMBLE ON ANY SITES, IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK.

34 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

Might want to, uhh, fix your steam profile before you get reported for phishing.

uhh.png

Yeah that does look a bit dodgey...

Site is only 2 months old. Hosted in russia, like most of them. It has an alaskan registrant. That said as its hosted in russia and uses russian webhosts and name provider then the personal details may well be fake.

http://whois.domaintools.com/tf2call.com

I just had a browse at that site and anyone with knowledge about tf2 will see that its fake. Some of the items (weapons) being bet on are not even available in game. In some of the bets people are betting "Unusual Festive weapons" , which dont even exist :S , along side people betting unusual festivised weapons which obviously do exist...  Very flakey indeed

Some other iffy domains are also hosted on that same ip but resolve to no webhost

Domain View Whois Record Screenshots
1. csgolaurel.com    
2. pubgshift.com    
3. tf2call.com

We dont need stupid gambling! Please stop talking about damn gambling sites.  Just look what gambling did to CS GO trading and you will understand what im talking about. 

Hey, I may be wrong but I think the login is a phishing redirect.

Here's a comparison between the url TF2Call.com takes you when asking for your login and where TF2Outpost.com takes you.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

57 minutes ago, bobsilly2 said:

Hey, I may be wrong but I think the login is a phishing redirect.

Here's a comparison between the url TF2Call.com takes you when asking for your login and where TF2Outpost.com takes you.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The scam site Goes to the same openid login. It just redirects through “?login”.

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

The scam site Goes to the same openid login. It just redirects through “?login”.

Like I said, I may be wrong.

This was clearly a scam attempt. 

It is extremely important to make sure you know who you are trading  / chatting or making deals with before you complete any risky trades. I highly recommend using - https://rep.tf/ - to check who you are dealing with. Copy the user's Steam ID directly from their profile URL and paste it where prompted. If this still doesnt help I'd recommend asking someone just like you did now which is good

Do not use / click on any links that they give you to do check as scammers will often give you links that link to the user inventory/backpack they are impersonating or it could be phishing links. 
Stay safe and report that account on the main site.

15 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

This was clearly a scam attempt. 

It is extremely important to make sure you know who you are trading  / chatting or making deals with before you complete any risky trades. I highly recommend using - https://rep.tf/ - to check who you are dealing with. Copy the user's Steam ID directly from their profile URL and paste it where prompted. If this still doesnt help I'd recommend asking someone just like you did now which is good

Do not use / click on any links that they give you to do check as scammers will often give you links that link to the user inventory/backpack they are impersonating or it could be phishing links. 
Stay safe and report that account on the main site.

Thanks.

Archived