Discussions about hat

LordPaypay

Hey guys.

Today I would like to ask a rather difficult question.

How much is my unusual hat(cloud 9 tungsten toque Halloween Spell: Putrescent Pigmentation)?

Please answer all the arguments. 

If you are interested in a hat then contact me(https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198167273184/).

3 hours ago, Neo_ said:

I’d hate to break this to ya, but spells rarely add value to an unusual.

Spells always add value.  However, it's not always a lot of value comparatively, and finding a buyer who's willing to pay more for a spell generally takes quite a bit longer than just selling for the normal price.

Rule of thumb: if the hat is already a nice one, a spell makes it even nicer and you can charge a bit more...but if the hat isn't very nice to begin with, upping your price significantly just makes it compete with higher-tier hats, and your buyers are likely to choose a nicer hat instead of a less nice one with a spell.

At the end of the day, most people choose to ignore spells or only charge slightly more rather than dealing with the hassle of finding a person willing to pay more. 

For your hat specifically, there's a competing seller at 9.2 keys.  You could probably list yours for 11 which is its most recent price, advertise it as selling for backpack.tf price with a free spell, and have decent odds of selling yours before he sells his.

In a nutshell: 

-Low tiers get very little value added for a spell

-Your spell isn’t one of the desirable ones 

-Seller at 9.2 and 10, i’d sell at 9.5 or at 9.

no point in raising the price but if you're desperate and willing to be patient as hecc then you could sell it one key extra or so

• LordPaypay locked this topic

Archived