Are tf2 trading bots that idle tf2 against the rules or steam subscriber agreement

Famiglius

Most, if not all, trading bots always run tf2 and a custom game like “selling items 24/7”

im unsure if Valve/steam Will do anything about these bots as they are all not made just to idle tf2.

AJ is right though, a lot of bots were banned that were made just to idle weapons for crafting ref, Which results in a Lower ref value and a higher key:ref ratio

5 hours ago, Famiglius said:

I thought that just the bots that buy/sell of the community market were against the subscriber agreement.

It does not specify Trade bots but ones that use market is forbidden as stated in steam TOS but that does not mean you account cannot be banned for being a steam trade bot when i make bots for me to use i use an alternate account so  my main account (with value stuff) doesnt get scammed or banned like that

8 hours ago, Famiglius said:

Wondering if trading bots that also idle the game are allowed.

Also they (valve) was fighting against the tf2 idle bots by instead of you just getting the items from the idle bot you have to check notifications in tf2 to actually get it and get another

20 hours ago, Lonster_Monster said:

Also they (valve) was fighting against the tf2 idle bots by instead of you just getting the items from the idle bot you have to check notifications in tf2 to actually get it and get another

Although you are true, believe it or not, you, of course, can make a program that reacts to specific input packets (packs of information such as connection request, notifications, my movement in-game, you recieved an item, etc.) and tell ANY program how to react to it. In this case, you can create a bot that reacts to packet saying that the user (in this case the bot) recieved an item by simply accepting the item.

Simply said you can make a bot idling on a server and continually collect weapons for scrap. As a side effect this inflates TF2 already messy economy. In my opinion this violates Steam Subscriber Agreenment.

Archived