My story in trading tf2.true or nah for y'all?

Diamond jozu

I think It's about time i told my story about trading and just wondering if some of these facts are true for y'all

I started trading in 2012 or 2013 or the time when earbuds was falling(it was price 15 keys)

I was young and did the rich and stupid way.I pretty much did unboxings but couldnt do alot. just whatever i could do.

During this time, trading was kind of okay as i was able to get offers and did alot of trades consistently.Today my trades are just dead much.

Am i saying 'is trading dead'?

yes and no

yes in terms that low-mid tier trading is hard to trade depending on your item

no in terms of high-tier trading.its usually good-looking misc or hats worth 150 keys+

I unboxed about more than 10 unusuals and they were all worth to the highest of like 70 keyish.I only unboxed a 200 key misc unusual and got alot of offers.my others?nah

I also dont see alot of trading servers up today.I usually see vatican,firepowered and HG.there used to be a whole lot more back in the days and trading servers actually had real trading.

so why do i continue trading?

its still possible just much harder...

1 minute ago, Adolf Storms said:

you have no classified ads up. what's with that?

even if i did,nothing happens.i tried outpost too(before it passed away) nothing happened

0 effort rewards 0

i sell lots just off classified listings. always have. outpost was trash for years. never got results off there.

i hardly darken the door of a trade server anymore, and haven't much for the last 1 1/2 cuz they're filled with mic spamming squeakers or trash talkin sh$t-heads. Trade servers are dwindling because they aren't modded well for the most part. Besides, going on a trade server and expectin 1 of 30 people to want what u have for sale is pretty slim chance tbh they're more social than trade

trading is not dead, i still get quite a few trades in and out of trade servers to this day. it really just depends on how much time/effort you can/are willing to put in

20 minutes ago, ⇄ | Pollen said:

trading is not dead, i still get quite a few trades in and out of trade servers to this day. it really just depends on how much time/effort you can/are willing to put in

try reading my post again

Just now, Joeg said:

Sometimes it's best just to cash out what you can and be happy with what you've achieved

thats my problem...i still enjoy trading...

45 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

0 effort rewards 0

i sell lots just off classified listings. always have. outpost was trash for years. never got results off there.

i hardly darken the door of a trade server anymore, and haven't much for the last 1 1/2 cuz they're filled with mic spamming squeakers or trash talkin sh$t-heads. Trade servers are dwindling because they aren't modded well for the most part. Besides, going on a trade server and expectin 1 of 30 people to want what u have for sale is pretty slim chance tbh they're more social than trade

how i mean is that perhaps in the old days,i could get offers but today theres alot in stock while very little people who demand the items.taunts are one example

46 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

thats my problem...i still enjoy trading...

Personally, I don't enjoy trading much anymore. And I've only been going for a little over a year. It just seems stale

Yeah, trading started dying when bots became a thing. Anyone who says otherwise is a bot-owner, high tier unusual trader, or lying to themselves

When a select few inventories basically make up the bulk of the tf2 economy, it's really hard to work around the market that they essentially control. We are really just their puppets and the only way to by-pass this is to own a bot or be as productive as a bot.

40 minutes ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

When a select few inventories basically make up the bulk of the tf2 economy, it's really hard to work around the market that they essentially control. We are really just their puppets and the only way to by-pass this is to own a bot or be as productive as a bot.

Yeah, basically this

Trading isn't dead--Trading has c h a n g e d. 

If you've been able to see the changes and adjust your tactics, you've found an abundance of opportunities that never existed previously.

If you haven't changed with it, you've been left behind.  Talking about unusuals and trade servers and how bots are ruining things is roughly equivalent to sitting on your porch in your rocking chair, waving your cane and shouting at those darn kids to stay off your lawn, assaulting any ears willing to listen with stories of how great things were back in the day, and how it's all gone to sh**, and kids these days ain't got no respect, dang nab it!

Disclaimer:  I've never used bots.  I did not start with a large investment.  You can see this in my inventory timeline.  I started trading with $5 for a premium account (which I blew on unique weapons and a couple expanders, iirc) and scrapbanked until I realized that wasn't going to get me anywhere, and began searching for a better way.  I briefly made it into the top 200 inventories (before deciding enough was enough and selling some stuff) while working a full time job and only trading as an afterthought. 

The opportunity is there.  More than ever before, in fact.  If you don't see it, it's because you aren't looking in the correct place; you're just doing the same things that you did years ago in a different time and place and environment, and expecting them to work now.

Bots do not ruin the tf2 economy. They have made it somewhat harder for newer traders to enter into the trading scene with no investment, but by no means is it impossible. Also, the existence of bots itself is not what contributes to the difficulty of starting trading from nothing but a premium account. This can be attributed solely to the inflation of keys price in refined metal. The reason why anything less than a 5$ investment is laughable is not because it is impossible to trade from nothing, but because of the work and effort it takes to actually trade starting from absolutely nothing. Those telling you that it is impossible however, are lying and most likely have never tried it themselves. It is still entirely possible to trade from absolutely nothing to a "dream inventory", but it is indeed substantially harder than it would've been even just a year ago. The fact that refined metal is practically worthless nowadays is the main contributing factor as to why so many low tier traders are overwhelmed after making just a few trades. The fact is, that only the tenacious will continue to prosper in our cutthroat economy. 

Disclaimer: I do not own, create, or use a bot of any kind, I am simply an advocate for their usage in the tf2 economy and I believe they are a necessary evil.

Archived