Add a top list for people with the most trust score

Teeird

• Administrators

Uh...No. People are already abusing it whether its negative or positive.

This is not a competition. I prefer not to add this all. :ph34r:  

• 2 months later...

This has been brought up before; trust is not a competition, we certainly wouldn't want to encourage people to look at it as one.

• 10 months later...

I think this would be a great addition to the site.

Having a trust top list would be easier to find most trusted key/bud sellers.

Or If that doesn't work.

Having a verified sellers list at least would be nice. 

• People Make app, showing their proof of how trusted they are, admin accepts app.
  • They appear into the trusted sellers / buyers list.

I know It's hard to predict anyone who could go frenzy and scam people, but still. 

We've already had this suggestion plenty of times

Trust should not be a competition. If there was a top list, people would try to get as much positive trust as possible, leading to fake trust.

We've already had this suggestion plenty of times

Trust should not be a competition. If there was a top list, people would try to get as much positive trust as possible, leading to fake trust.

Care to link me to the thread to suggestion?

Thnx, guess that's not going to happen.

Still would be fun to have thing like " Verified sellers list " or something.

No, we should not give preference to certain users unnecessarily we do not need a similar incident to SteamRep where a trusted middleman ended up stealing a $2600 value (at the time) Platinum Baby Roshan. While the case is partially understandable since the account which owned the Platinum Baby Roshan seemed shady and was roughly a month old, the middleman still went ahead and used the item to profit for himself believing it was alright to scam who he believed was an obvious scammer or scammer's alternate account.

For reference: (click here) [reddit.com]

No, we should not give preference to certain users unnecessarily we do not need a similar incident to SteamRep where a trusted middleman ended up stealing a $2600 value (at the time) Platinum Baby Roshan. While the case is partially understandable since the account which owned the Platinum Baby Roshan seemed shady and was roughly a month old, the middleman still went ahead and used the item to profit for himself believing it was alright to scam who he believed was an obvious scammer or scammer's alternate account.

For reference: (click here) [reddit.com]

I'm talking about bud / key sellers / buyers. Nothing else.

In some ways, this could be good as you'd see who is the most trusted person and provides an incentive for trustworthy trading, but it would be easily abused. I also find it ironic who posted this in the first place.

In some ways, this could be good as you'd see who is the most trusted person and provides an incentive for trustworthy trading, but it would be easily abused. I also find it ironic who posted this in the first place.

Name a thing that can't be abused in this game's economy? Everything is really simple to exploit, but it doesn't mean that we should avoid such things. It's not hard to deal with fake trust scams, It's too obvious to see fake trust scores.

And for what are you blaming Teeird for? Nothing was prooven, and csgo =/= tf2 .

I don't see " being easily abused " as a problem, I just see people who are tagged / banned on Outpost, SR not having their trust removed off backpack.tf. Maybe that would be the only problem.

Name a thing that can't be abused in this game's economy? Everything is really simple to exploit, but it doesn't mean that we should avoid such things. It's not hard to deal with fake trust scams, It's too obvious to see fake trust scores.

And for what are you blaming Teeird for? Nothing was prooven, and csgo =/= tf2 .

I don't see " being easily abused " as a problem, I just see people who are tagged / banned on Outpost, SR not having their trust removed off backpack.tf. Maybe that would be the only problem.

Trust is trust though. Nothing was proven, but when speaking of trust, you're not innocent until proven guilty, you're guilty until proven innocent

There is a big difference between having the ability to exploit/abuse a system and Bp.tf somewhat actively helping users abuse exploits by giving them a bigger incentive.

Archived