How to takeoff?

Chachoune963

I recently figured I couldn't get a single unusual (Or at least one I like) if I never got in trading. But I have a problem now: I have only 3 keys and seeing trading as more of a side project more than a big thing in my life, I don't want to spend too much money. How do I takeoff with that? Feel free to check my inventory and give me advices please.

Easiest option is to buy more keys, as to get into unusual trading, you need 8-10 keys minimum (12-14 is more the recommended range, with 18-20 being optimal). If you don't want to do that though, liquidate your taunts, stranges, and more valuable cosmetics and that'll get you a few keys. Both options there will be much. much, much faster than trying to trade with what you have.

How to takeoff : 

1. Flap your wings 

disclaimer : only applies to birds

Well, my honest advice with 3 keys is just to keep on browsing between automated trading sites, e.g. scrap.tf, mannco.trade, tradeit.gg, sfuminator, tf2mart, or a whole bunch of other various sites, and just try to figure out ways to make profit. Sometimes one site might sell something for really cheap, or buy an item for a really high price. These automated trading sites don't all share the same prices, and they can greatly differ at times for different items. It takes a lot of calculation, observation, and time, but believe me, 3 keys is plenty to do small time trading :) It's fun, decent for making profit, and the rewards are instant.  I still do small time trading on such a small scale as this fairly often, (thus I have racked up 26,835 trades manually). 

Best of luck to you out there!

how do get unus ease pls halp?

The fundamentals of what it takes to profit has not changed in the 7 years trading has existed on Steam. If you're not willing to invest the time and effort, then its not worth it. This will always be the case. I started trading back when keys were jumping from 2.33 refined to 2.55-2.66 refined, and people were already talking about the glory days when keys were 2 refined, or you could do 1 refined for 1 key. If you solely focus on what trading used to be like, and don't look for the openings in the system, then you're gonna be left behind.

I also have occasionally done trading as a "side project". During the most recent spree, I was able to cash out $200 net profit in the end from marketplace.tf after ~3 months. All it took was taking a little time each day to scroll through items on scrap.tf, stntrading.eu, backpack.tf classifieds, compare prices, and trade on the margins. Its not hard, but people would rather sit on a shit, niche item for a week, and then complain when it doesn't sell for the key profit they were hoping to get from it.

Archived