[PC] Galactic Gateway Tank, first case ever

Planetboiis

It's probably self explanatory, but you should watch some PyroJoe, Virtual Economist, or some other trading YouTuber to get a feel on how to price it. Would also be really helpful to watch a video on how not to get scammed. Tip: Don't accept any adds from people with barely any hours in the game/Private inventory. They are most likely trying to scam and it's better to avoid them entirely. Your hat is worth a good amount of money.

10 minutes ago, Creepy said:

It's probably self explanatory, but you should watch some PyroJoe, Virtual Economist, or some other trading YouTuber to get a feel on how to price it. Would also be really helpful to watch a video on how not to get scammed. Tip: Don't accept any adds from people with barely any hours in the game/Private inventory. They are most likely trying to scam and it's better to avoid them entirely. Your hat is worth a good amount of money.

agreed

Well, here's a very vague range for you --- in the hundreds of dollars. Personally, if I were selling that as of now, I would list it at $420 on the Steam Market (not a meme), seeing that the Galactic Gateway Tank Top already has a seller at $488. The highest sales on the Unusual Tank Top (for unknown effects, maybe some of these mentioned are moon effects?) are at $373, $287, $286, and $263 respectively as of now.

Congrats on the unbox, and good luck!

6 minutes ago, CAaronD said:

Well, here's a very vague range for you --- in the hundreds of dollars. Personally, if I were selling that as of now, I would list it at $420 on the Steam Market (not a meme), seeing that the Galactic Gateway Tank Top already has a seller at $488. The highest sales on the Unusual Tank Top (for unknown effects, maybe some of these mentioned are moon effects?) are at $373, $287, $286, and $263 respectively as of now.

Congrats on the unbox, and good luck!

Cheers for the advice!

1 hour ago, Planetboiis said:

Hey guys, not a valve employee here

First ever case I unboxed one of these? Can I get a price please?

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198851820750/inventory/#440_2_7267656827

Thanks!

Galactic Gateway is one of the best, if not the best effect out of the new Halloween update. While the Tank Top is from the new Vermin case (which means the supply of that hat is going to much greater than most), and it isn't exactly the best looking hat in the world, I'd still expect you to be able to get 80 - 120 keys just because of the insane effect. Anything under 60 keys is a lowball so you should pass on those. If you need help knowing what offers to take or not, consider joining my discord server and asking there. People will always be willing to help! Server link here.

3 minutes ago, TheVirtualEconomist said:

Galactic Gateway is one of the best, if not the best effect out of the new Halloween update. While the Tank Top is from the new Vermin case (which means the supply of that hat is going to much greater than most), and it isn't exactly the best looking hat in the world, I'd still expect you to be able to get 80 - 120 keys just because of the insane effect. Anything under 60 keys is a lowball so you should pass on those. If you need help knowing what offers to take or not, consider joining my discord server and asking there. People will always be willing to help! Server link here.

Thanks mate! Literally was just watching one of your videos!

1 hour ago, Creepy said:

Some people (like me) keep inventories private to avoid scammer adds. Just look them up on backpack, if they have no negative rep and pay through Steam trade then they're probably not fishy.

20 minutes ago, Horsestepping said:

Some people (like me) keep inventories private to avoid scammer adds. Just look them up on backpack, if they have no negative rep and pay through Steam trade then they're probably not fishy.

i think they should have +reps on backpack.tf, i can think of a few circumstances where a 0 rep account is a scammer

7 hours ago, Horsestepping said:

I can’t see how putting your bp as private would prevent scammers from adding. Fishy as fuck boi. Not good advice, I have come across 2 traders in the span of 1 year of trading that had a private bp and were legit.

Just now, R3SP4WN said:

I can’t see how putting your bp as private would prevent scammers from adding. Fishy as fuck boi. Not good advice, I have come across 2 traders in the span of 1 year of trading that had a private bp and were legit.

You place your valuables on a side account, have backpack.tf log the data, then move your valuables to your actual account (with a private backpack). Scammers add the account you don't use while your real one is left alone. I've had no issues trading despite having a private backpack.

55 minutes ago, Horsestepping said:

You place your valuables on a side account, have backpack.tf log the data, then move your valuables to your actual account (with a private backpack). Scammers add the account you don't use while your real one is left alone. I've had no issues trading despite having a private backpack.

True, I see the benefits, but I feel as though that’s an easy way to hide suspicious behavior (i.e. sharking, scamming, god knows what)

not criticizing you personally for having a bp but it’s bad advice in general to accept ANYONE with a private bp

3 minutes ago, Planetboiis said:

So one guy offering me $100 is definitely a 'shark'?

I'd say thats low, its only a shark if you are manipulated into thinking your side of the trade is worth less and their side is worth more.

Archived