Hackers, BE AWARE.

Feel Good Inc #3 days :D

Okay, this guy (goes by the name of gorilla) added me (i was selling a terror-watt grimm hat) and said a friend wanted to buy it and told me the what his name was and sent me a link. This link sent me a to a fake steam and after logging in it proceeded to hack me, im warning you all for this guy

i immediately changed my password and logged it out of all computers

this is a warning

I'm fairly sure most people here already know this. This is the most common way of phishing, and very, very obvious. Sorry, but this is kinda stupid of you

Okay, this guy (goes by the name of gorilla) added me (i was selling a terror-watt grimm hat) and said a friend wanted to buy it and told me the what his name was and sent me a link. This link sent me a to a fake steam and after logging in it proceeded to hack me, im warning you all for this guy

i immediately changed my password and logged it out of all computers

this is a warning

That's called a PHISHING LINK, He is not a hacker, you do not have to be a  hacker to send a phishing link. Don't be stupid. Everyone is already aware of this.

Why the fuck do people just click any link and download any file someone sends you....

This is the internet, you don't know who's sending you, nor do you know what they're sending you.

Would you let any random person you didn't know into your house......Have you been robbed recently? 

/Also, not hacking...thats like saying i hacked my friends Facebook account because he left it signed on <_<

This has been a common tactic for a while. Happened to my mate just the other day but luckily GoogleChrome warned him before it proceeded to finish the login process. It was someone he's had on his friends list for a while but it was still a silly thing to do. 

Be more careful next time and never click on steam links that are spelt wrong e.g. steamcornmunity and always check for the https to make sure the link is secure. Also if it's his mate why would you click a link and not just go through his Steam friends list?! Either way use common sense.

Some one adds you, they give you link.................. NEVER CLICK LINKS FROM RANDOM ADD!

Also their plugins in chrome or firefox etc for example to block miss spelled sites, their even dns servers blocking miss spelled sites etc.

As others have said, this really isn't new, it's also pretty obvious. Never log in to a site that somebody gives you a random link to. Check the link for typos, if it's fake just report them to steam and move on.

Go to the site directly (yourself) and login. Make sure the link is spelled correctly. Make sure you're still logged in when you click the link.

Avoiding this shit is easy.

Some one adds you, they give you link.................. NEVER CLICK LINKS FROM RANDOM ADD!

Also their plugins in chrome or firefox etc for example to block miss spelled sites, their even dns servers blocking miss spelled sites etc.

But he said he'd pay my buyout!!!11!!

If you have already signed into steam on your browser, when it asks you to sign into steam, it will have a box that says "sign in using <username>'s account". What this does is it gives the website a unique string of numbers, not your details. So if you are signed into steam in your browser, and these third party websites ask for your info, don't trust it.

http://puu.sh/6JVWE.png

Lel (if my ff would only be english for you :P)

shouldn't you warn him. This site I believe actually was used by hijackers. Basically Awesome is phishing us. And lol mine isn't trusted either. And I can read your stuff. Now you read mine. hahaha. 

shouldn't you warn him. This site I believe actually was used by hijackers. Basically Awesome is phishing us. And lol mine isn't trusted either. And I can read your stuff. Now you read mine. hahaha. 

I don't think it works as a phishing site without a specific profile id...but i could be wrong :S 

I don't think it works as a phishing site without a specific profile id...but i could be wrong :S

YOU PHIShING LINK KILLED MY CAT.

Now where do I send the money not having to buy cat-food saves me?

YOU PHIShING LINK KILLED MY CAT.

Now where do I send the money not having to buy cat-food saves me?

good, cats are stupid. 

good, cats are stupid. 

They are not.

Also all hackers should be aware, this thread will cut down their successes significantly.

u suck 

no u.

Since it was just a phishing link your computer should be safe.

I was compromised a little differently, however if you need any help shoot me a PM, since I am not using my steam account right now.

Archived