Looking to buy a gaming laptop any ideas

Jassguru

it really depends. Do you mind having a thick laptop ordo you want a thin one? Do you want maximum performance or good battery life?

you need to ask yourself that and come to a conclusion that way. if you want a laptop with pretty good performance (probably not the max you can get for the money but still) i'd recommend the new razer blade base model. If you want more performance out of your money look for a laptop with a gtx 1070 and an i7 at least (tho a 1060 is good for most games as well)

Don't base your purchase decisions on one website but instead look around in multiple places, do some research and come to a conclusion by yourself cause thats the way you will find a laptop that fits you the best.

While I will always recommend buying a desktop PC for gaming for the reason of price and performance alone, the MSI GS65 Stealth line are pretty much the best gaming laptops I have ever worked with.

I always search for a related subreddit when purchasing tech I'm unfamiliar with, they usually have a good buying guide(s) that can tailor to what you're looking for. Here's the r/gaminglaptops guide based on price. Like wiz4rd said, you need to figure out what's important to you and search from there. Personally if I was buying a laptop specifically for gaming  I would want one with the best performance for my budget and has a good keyboard design, but you need to decide for yourself what you want from your money. Also make sure to read reviews on whatever page you are purchasing from. If you're buying from amazon and it has an average 1 star review with almost every review saying "Won't turn on after 2 days of use" then you should probably look at something else. Also read all the reviews not just the extreme 5/1 stars. And finally, don't get a toshiba satellite for gaming (having played tf2 on it for 4 years, it was not enjoyable).

Any MSI laptop tends to be very good, I've had one that cost $800 for 2 years and it still works like new. Most MSI laptops are on the cheaper side, but they don't lack anything in performance. You'll have a little something left over if you choose MSI.

I have an Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop, and it runs games really well (even Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, which is pretty massive).

9 hours ago, Nesquik Nibba™️ (✓) said:

Any MSI laptop tends to be very good, I've had one that cost $800 for 2 years and it still works like new. Most MSI laptops are on the cheaper side, but they don't lack anything in performance. You'll have a little something left over if you choose MSI.

Yeah, one of my friend has a good $2k (AUD) MSi laptop which works so good and my other friend has an acer predator. Both pretty good

On 10/13/2018 at 7:57 AM, Jassguru said:

I have been looking for a gaming laptop for some time and can’t choose does anyone have some suggestions? My budget is $2000.

While searching online, I found this guide: http://bestlaptopguru.com/best-gaming-laptops-under-2000/ but still confused. Please help!

Most would recommend desktop. Interesting though how your steam profile is 1 day old and your profile name is bestlaptopsguru which is the website you linked. 

For laptop you want a mix of SSD and HDD. 8th gen intel are good too and you cant go wrong with 1060/1070 but tbh the link you posted was stuck to only Intel/NVidia. If you're budget is 2k and you want an alrounder, I suggest looking into some AMD models. Yes NVidia and Intel outperform in a lot of games, but you would be saving more if you have a desktop already and this is more of an "on the go" laptop for the more casual gaming. Otherwise really you should just go desktop.

• 6 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, Jassguru said:

I have been looking for a gaming laptop for some time and can’t choose does anyone have some suggestions? My budget is $2000.

While searching online, I found this guide: http://bestlaptopguru.com/best-gaming-laptops-under-2000/ but still confused. Please help!

Laptops are powerful these days, but you can't buy the first one. These days even small tv-boxes are really powerful, and if sincerely I'd recommend getting one. You just plug it in any TV and voila you have a PC, power enough to play any game.

There are a lot of TV-boxes, the most popular I've heard of is Nvidia Shield TV box by Geforce, it's really powerful and its made by Nvidia, i'd trust them. There are others like Goobang, Leelbox, you can research them. I also saw there are online tops you can look at like this one https://kodiguide.org/the-7-best-kodi-boxes/ or https://www.technadu.com/best-kodi-box/4259/  or https://www.techradar.com/news/best-kodi-xbmc-streaming-boxes

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Look for genuine reviews online, performance, heating issues, patches, updates, upgradability or third party apps like Kodi in next few years or empty slots for m.2 or ssd's. I can recommend you Omen series from HP,  but they are not hardcore into gaming, asus ROG series, or If you have a budget then alienware for maximum loads, but they are heavy to carry around. Then it just ends the purpose of buying a laptop. Or a slim gaming laptops for Razor.  

Archived