Fake item scams got WAY WORSE.

peepeep

So, looking through a tf2 youtuber's trading group, i saw a rather interesting post. Its called ''really urgent for all traders''.

Now, the fake items are quite literally undistinguishable from real items. Its a game called bitcoin miner, being able to copy any game fully.

Valve REALLY has to do something about this. low and mid-tier traders will easily fall for this. High and god-tier traders will maybe fall for this. Be aware.

Altough i found this post released on the first of August, i think its still out there. Just be aware, and inspect all your items. 

1 minute ago, peepeep said:

So, looking through a tf2 youtuber's trading group, i saw a rather interesting post. Its called ''really urgent for all traders''.

Now, the fake items are quite literally undistinguishable from real items. Its a game called bitcoin miner, being able to copy any game fully.

Valve REALLY has to do something about this. low and mid-tier traders will easily fall for this. High and god-tier traders will maybe fall for this. Be aware.

Altough i found this post released on the first of August, i think its still out there. Just be aware, and inspect all your items. 

Nevermind all of this. I just found out bitcoin miner was removed.

1 hour ago, peepeep said:

Nevermind all of this. I just found out bitcoin miner was removed.

bptf had multiple psa's about this scam back in july...

Yup, you're a bit too late lol. But of course, it's a good thing Valve are finally aware of this situation. Because i'm pretty sure this kind of shit is illegal (scammers distributing and cloning TF2, when Valve are the original copyright owners of the game). But eh, no need to worry (for now at least).

There is now also a warning that comes up when trading that will notify you of items that you are receiving that are for games you've never played/don't own, and which items those are. This issue has completely come and gone. You're reaaaaally late.

Valve actually renamed the fake trollware (as valve call it) from abractism to bitcoin miner so people wouldnt use it. Pozer is also one of the devs of abractism which also shows in the dev section.

23 hours ago, peepeep said:

how do i remove a post, i feel dumb now for being so late on this

You do your research before posting, that's how

Archived