Sign in to follow this  
★MIGHTY_SHAH♥

Robots in backpack.tf

★MIGHTY_SHAH♥    0
★MIGHTY_SHAH♥

Now i love this new feature, robots buying and selling stuff here and there. They are quick, responsive and always available, its not wrong to say that robot takeover human place on bp.tf. Now, i see less humans wants to trade with me but more robots, good very good... but these bots comes with problems. I dont know if owners of these bots set there features like that or its there own malfunctions. Many robots are reported by me on bp.tf because sometime the price they mentioned are changed when you add them on steam and when you selling your stuff to them they prefer painted cosmetic over normal ones, even though they know painted ones are expensive and when i counter there offers for normal ones they declined it. Robots make life easy here but they are profit seekers which i am not against what i am against is "Say one thing and do another"

Its my first time in forum, i read rules and i try my best to fit my thread in them, kindly forgive me if i breached ones.

AdamWTS    160
AdamWTS

It is totally acceptable to report bots if you catch them changing prices as you send them a trade offer, provided you've got a screenshot of the classifieds as the trade offer was being sent.

6. It is your responsibility to keep your listings up to date and accurate. If you are found to be repeatedly changing your mind after receiving offers, you will receive a ban.

This rule also applies to bots, and it's the bot owners that take the responsibility for breaking them.

36 minutes ago, ★MIGHTY_SHAH♥ said:

when you selling your stuff to them they prefer painted cosmetic over normal ones, even though they know painted ones are expensive and when i counter there offers for normal ones they declined it.

I don't know the background of this situation, if the bot has a buy listing and they're not accepting the offer for the current price, or they're looking to buy only an item with a certain paint applied, they're breaking the buy order rule 5. and 2. respectively, and a report is also justified.

TheGlenCoco    3
TheGlenCoco

The bot should accept the trade offer for non-painted, it just chooses the painted when you use their chat commands, because (idk) it appears first.

TF2Scourge    16
TF2Scourge
6 hours ago, TheGlenCoco said:

The bot should accept the trade offer for non-painted, it just chooses the painted when you use their chat commands, because (idk) it appears first.

But if surely if the bot recognizes a offer sent to it with the exact same item minus the paint, it should have been accepted.

Echo♥    5
Echo♥

I'm not going to lie I understand the importance of these quick trade bots and everything but they've changed the trading landscape so much since I last was active like I am now that it's almost discouraging to try to make profit off of low tier (non unus) items like I used to.
Every single classified listing is someone's bot. Would be nice if there was a trading site like outpost (rip) that would only allow non-bot accounts, even though I'm not sure how that would work.
Maybe I'm just a cranky old man finally and just miss human interaction. 

OH GOD IM A CRANKY OLD MAN WHYY

★MIGHTY_SHAH♥    0
★MIGHTY_SHAH♥
11 hours ago, TheGlenCoco said:

Exactly thats my point.

20 hours ago, AdamWTS said:

It is totally acceptable to report bots if you catch them changing prices as you send them a trade offer, provided you've got a screenshot of the classifieds as the trade offer was being sent.

This rule also applies to bots, and it's the bot owners that take the responsibility for breaking them.

I don't know the background of this situation, if the bot has a buy listing and they're not accepting the offer for the current price, or they're looking to buy only an item with a certain paint applied, they're breaking the buy order rule 5. and 2. respectively, and a report is also justified.

Ok i will take a screenshot next time, i am lazy but will take a screenshot to prove this further. 

Thank you and everyone, i thought i was the only one 😊

TheGlenCoco    3
TheGlenCoco
21 hours ago, TF2Scourge said:

But if surely if the bot recognizes a offer sent to it with the exact same item minus the paint, it should have been accepted.

Eh, too much work for nothing. You could just switch the item to the non-painted one when resending the trade.