Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OFWGKTA

Fake item scams are back again.

Recommended Posts

OFWGKTA    4
OFWGKTA

Hi guys. Not sure if you realized, but fake item scammers are back again! 

Please look out for your items and always double or even triple check your and the others' items.

 

622500645_Screenshot_20181009-191623_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.524343e597bd920f7b315de585a04cec.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hell Killy    26
Hell Killy

Dota?.. Is this some fake dota? But if they changed the name of a their crappy game to "dota", it would be more logical to name it "tf", or not to use it for tf scam, to not expose it before the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OFWGKTA    4
OFWGKTA
Just now, Hell Killy said:

Dota?.. Is this some fake dota? But if they changed the name of a their own crappy game to "dota", it would me more logical to name it "tf", or not to use it for tf scam, to not expose it before the time.

Idk, they somehow managed to name their game to Dota 2? I have no clue how the game could have named to it btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hell Killy    26
Hell Killy

Similarly how they changed icon and description of items last time.  Also, there are many games with identical names, I dont think that's a crime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mengh.    779
Mengh.
1 hour ago, Hell Killy said:

Dota?.. Is this some fake dota? But if they changed the name of a their crappy game to "dota", it would be more logical to name it "tf", or not to use it for tf scam, to not expose it before the time.

They're probably also trading fake Dragonclaw Hooks and other high tier items to catch out people in the Dota 2 trading community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hell Killy    26
Hell Killy

Yes, but using the same fake id (pert. to dota) is a very stupid decision, they just drawing too much attention. Retards...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ninjah    21
Ninjah

I expect the "Dota 2" part probably came from the guy trying the same shit with Dota Traders and not being bothered enough to change the game for trying to get some quick $$$ out of the TF2 community. Could you link the store page of the game for us so we can report it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tobbby92    147
Tobbby92

Can you link the inventory of the person who sent you the fake item?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OFWGKTA    4
OFWGKTA
5 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

Can you link the inventory of the person who sent you the fake item?

Sure. https://steamcommunity.com/id/765688888888888/inventory/

 

Edit: feel free to report him!

 

Seems like Steam got in action and removed the game, but if they could fake a game (again), they'll be able to do so in the future, so still everyone check the offers+items closely!

 

1054724923_Screenshot_20181009-205218_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ecac789dc14f3d8435f39f5e5387c12a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flirganovski    20
flirganovski
16 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Sure. https://steamcommunity.com/id/765688888888888/inventory/

 

Edit: feel free to report him!

 

Seems like Steam got in action and removed the game, but if they could fake a game (again), they'll be able to do so in the future, so still everyone check the offers+items closely!

 

1054724923_Screenshot_20181009-205218_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ecac789dc14f3d8435f39f5e5387c12a.jpg

7 frying pans, very rich man  lmao  xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hell Killy    26
Hell Killy

 

Loool, 7 tf2 items in the "dota" inventory, and didn't even privated it.There's nothing suspicious. These scammers are real idiots...

 

>Fake game

 

At least Valve reacts quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diamond jozu    270
Diamond jozu

So my friend dugged on some info amd it might be coming from a game called 'Evolvation'.free shit game.what im surprised is that the inv when having those items is dota 2 but it osnt dota 2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItzPoppy    1
ItzPoppy

lol the title of the item looked fake at the start, since real GFP's are titled "Strange Professional Killstreak Golden Frying Pan" if it has a professional KS effect attached, but no custom name. Nice try to the scammer though. Sadly for them however,  we're just too smart to fall for their traps no matter how hard they try.

 

 

Edited by ItzPoppy
fixed mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasty Salamanders    144
Tasty Salamanders
56 minutes ago, ItzPoppy said:

lol the title of the item looked fake at the start, since real GFP's are titled "Strange Professional Killstreak Golden Frying Pan" if it has no custom name.

 

Not necessarily true. While Golden Frying Pans do drop with Pro KS Kits already attached, they can be removed just like any other Killstreak Kit. That being said, the description of the fake pan in this instance still shows it being a Pro KS Pan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vrakos Anthrakir    335
Vrakos Anthrakir
7 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

So my friend dugged on some info amd it might be coming from a game called 'Evolvation'.free shit game.what im surprised is that the inv when having those items is dota 2 but it osnt dota 2...

I don't think it's evolvation... and I've got not idea why your friend would think that it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItzPoppy    1
ItzPoppy
1 hour ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

 

Not necessarily true. While Golden Frying Pans do drop with Pro KS Kits already attached, they can be removed just like any other Killstreak Kit. That being said, the description of the fake pan in this instance still shows it being a Pro KS Pan.

ah yes thanks for reminding me. Fixed my post, my mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peepeep    0
peepeep

There's also ANOTHER way to scam people with the fake items scam, and its WAY WAY WORSE. It's a game called literally ''Bitcoin miner'' and it can mimic any game's picture, items, name, you name it. The items in trades are THE EXACT SAME AS IN TF2, but they are fake. There is no way to tell these apart from real ones, unless you hover over the item, press inspect in game or check the item id. Its actually literal hell now with these fake item scams. New and moderate traders will fall easily for this, maybe even high or god tier traders. Look out.

 

 This is the twitter post about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasty Salamanders    144
Tasty Salamanders
7 minutes ago, peepeep said:

There's also ANOTHER way to scam people with the fake items scam, and its WAY WAY WORSE. It's a game called literally ''Bitcoin miner''

 

Bitcoin Miner was removed months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peepeep    0
peepeep
2 minutes ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

 

Bitcoin Miner was removed months ago.

Oh. Nevermind my post then. Good thing it got removed, either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×