Whats the difference between these two monitors? o_o

JayTuut

The Acer monitor has a full FreeSync range whilst the Asus variant only supports 30 to 90, which is expandable with software and assuming you are even going to use FreeSync anyway.

They have the same OEM for their IPS so both are equally vulnerable to backlight bleeding. Pretty much pick up which one is cheaper for you.

16 hours ago, _inu said:

The Acer monitor has a full FreeSync range whilst the Asus variant only supports 30 to 90, which is expandable with software and assuming you are even going to use FreeSync anyway.

They have the same OEM for their IPS so both are equally vulnerable to backlight bleeding. Pretty much pick up which one is cheaper for you.

The mg27q is $40 more expensive (Edit: which is weird since newegg has the XF270HU as $250 more?)

But its funny, just read a review on the XF270 (from pcpartpicker)

I got this monitor for $400 at the Micro Center. Last time I checked they still had it. It's a great 1440p + 144Hz + IPS + reputable brand combo. As far as I know, this is the same panel found in the Asus MG279Q. That one is $150 more expensive and has thicker bezels on the top and sides. One thing people might not like is the red-dark orange ring on the base but it doesn't bother me. Image quality looks nice and uniform but I'm no expert. Viewing angles are great and there is very little color shift.

So the only two things I can see is

A) Backlight bleeding has come from the MG27Q a fair bit according to newegg reviews, but I guess its over 160 reviews with still a 4 star average, while the XF270HU only has 5 reviews with 1 with backlight bleeding. Hmm. Hard to tell.

B ) The speakers MAY be better on the MG27Q as a XF270 review reads:  Nevermind, speakers are terrible in both.

The speakers are an absolute embarrassment. I wasn't expecting much but they are basically horrible. I am using the audio stream from the DisplayPort cable and it sounds like someone's iPhone headphones are too loud on the train.

Apparently Asus support sucks for replacements and etc under warranty. So maybe since the acer is $40 cheaper I should go with that.......

If @AwesomeMcCoolName still exists, maybe he can input?

Archived