Trading in 2018

Echo♥

So I've gotten back into tf2 (for like the 9th time now) and was wondering if anyone had some tips on trading and gaining profit.
I'm no newcomer to trading by any means but seeing as tf2outpost has shut down, I was wondering if there were any other major changes to the trading landscape i should be aware of/look out for.
Plus any tips would be a welcome to any newcomer who sees this thread.
(thanks in advance!)

24 minutes ago, Loaferman said:

Don't buy unusual taunts or weapons (ez clap)

also dont recommended buy all class unusual cuz it is hard to sell cuz many of them got unboxed and dropping very hard. Always buy for around the bot prices.

This is daily remainder to add unboxers...

Nah I mean to trade you have to invest, no easy way around that. Either it's the grind to make like 20$ in like half a year or investing 20$

7 hours ago, Loaferman said:

Don't buy unusual taunts or weapons (ez clap)

7 hours ago, Ankle Jack said:

also dont recommended buy all class unusual cuz it is hard to sell cuz many of them got unboxed and dropping very hard. Always buy for around the bot prices.

worst tip of course its harder to sell but if you can get at good price and make good profit is stupid to say no, since is harder to sell most people will do hard discount quicksell you can easy profit at reselling a bit more or selling for unusuals easier to sell with same value on bp tf.

You know who doesn't buy unusual weapons? Profit whores who don't play the game and only trade everytime they're online lol. That's terrible advice to not buy unusual weapons. I usually take them when offered, because they usually sell for pure. They don't sell fast, but always sell well. Just sold an Isotope flower revolver 33 keys scm funds a couple days ago. It does take some experience knowing what people will and won't buy, but unusual weapons have been one of the biggest sources of 'pure' in my unusual trades. Mind you I only buy what I'm going to use, and then enjoy the weapons while I have them ( I don't trade much really ). Ya it's not a quick-flip game if you're only interested in flippin shite.

for low-tier stuff, trading is mostly done by bots. buy yourself one and throw a few hundred ref into it. hard to make small profits unless you offer insta-trades any more

What about tips on non-unusual trading?
What are the easy ways to make profit through non-unusual cosmetics and item trading?
Back when I was doing my normal grind there was a website that would sell for about .11-.1.00 under backpack price so I would invest all my pure in items that were generally well desired (team captains, trouble makers, that sort of thing) and then sell them at exact back pack price.
Wasn't the quickest way but I'm a busy man and sitting on items is totes fine with me, I got my bills hat that way (which was worth way more than it is now) and some other nice items.

2 hours ago, Echo♥ said:

What about tips on non-unusual trading?
What are the easy ways to make profit through non-unusual cosmetics and item trading?
Back when I was doing my normal grind there was a website that would sell for about .11-.1.00 under backpack price so I would invest all my pure in items that were generally well desired (team captains, trouble makers, that sort of thing) and then sell them at exact back pack price.
Wasn't the quickest way but I'm a busy man and sitting on items is totes fine with me, I got my bills hat that way (which was worth way more than it is now) and some other nice items.

I think it's pretty agreed upon that unless you invest in a large bot to do small item trading for you that it's nigh impossible to get into that area since your profits from those items are going to be around a scrap for each trade. It would be more profitable to go outside, find some cans, and go recycle them for 5 cents (at least in my state).

Yeah trading bots seem to dominate the classified section on BP now.
When I was trading they were still a relatively new thing.
Seems like times have-a-changed again.

Appreciate the help guys!

Archived