Which 1080 should I get?

JayTuut

For those who are smart

[NewEgg] Zotac 1080 Mini ~ $666 + free shipping

[Amazon Australia] Gigabyte 1080 Founders Edition ~ 711.95$ AUD + free shipping

[Shopping Express AU] MSI 1080 "Armor" ~ $699 + $9.25 shipping

[All prices in AUD]

Notes

• Theres not much difference, the mini does get a lower core clock but by barely much, and by watching a new videos the performance is very minimal.
  • I do love MSI though so I do have a softspot for them, every graphics card I've bought has been MSI
  • Is founders edition good? I find them weird with only 1 small fan and I feel they could get hotter then others
  • Newegg one will not cover my ass probably. As when buying from America and shipping here (Even though its the cheapest still), I probably won't be covered under any warranty apart from neweggs 30 day one.
  • No warranty on amazon AU one either it seems (apart from 30 day)
  • Shopping express has "3 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty"
  • The mini will get hotter, my case is pretty cool but its still something to think about

What do you guys think? I don't really know of Zotac and the review I watched didn't really test its quality and I know MSI's products (at least for graphic cards and motherboards) are high quality and their support is p decent (And their software for the hardware)

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the MSI 1080 because of the 3 year warranty that I know is certain unlike the others (maybe its the same but just not listed idk) and because I like MSI but I also could save like $43 if I go for the mini.

Well Zotac has 5 year extended warranty though I heard that Zotac runs hot compared to other aftermarket cards. MSI runs cooler though. 
And the gigabyte has a blower cooler, it runs hotter I would stay away from it unless you have a mini itx or compact system.
As for performance, you wouldn't really see that much of a difference (1-3 fps). 

2 hours ago, -Thund3r- said:

Well Zotac has 5 year extended warranty though I heard that Zotac runs hot compared to other aftermarket cards. MSI runs cooler though. 
And the gigabyte has a blower cooler, it runs hotter I would stay away from it unless you have a mini itx or compact system.
As for performance, you wouldn't really see that much of a difference (1-3 fps). 

1 hour ago, Canner said:

I would get the MSI, considering it is a full sized card and will run cooler than a founders card.

Thankyou! The "Founders" card makes it sound rare and cool but it just seems worse lmao.

Cheers guys, I guess I'll go for the MSI when I can scrounge up the cash :) (Maybe Christmas, hopefully a sale haha)

Founder's is out of the question, Don't do it

Best idea is probably the  armor one, and it seems like you can afford it. Mini, as everyone said, runs hotter, which isn't something you want, obviously. And well, better power delivery and stuff on the msi one, so you can OC it better (assuming you win the ol' "Silicon lottery")

11 hours ago, mb_ said:

(not good for termals),

what

Also

@Canner and @-Thund3r- , I was looking at this one cause it was even cheaper then the mini https://www.umart.com.au/goods.php?id=36120 and I might be able to pick it up (discontinued so I gotta pick it up soon probably) (no delivery even cause its that discontinued ahha) for $639 so cheaper then all these by a fair bit (even tho its GIGABYTE and i love MSI, but saving $70 would be nice) 

What do you think?

12 month warranty

6 hours ago, JayTee said:

what

Also

@Canner and @-Thund3r- , I was looking at this one cause it was even cheaper then the mini https://www.umart.com.au/goods.php?id=36120 and I might be able to pick it up (discontinued so I gotta pick it up soon probably) (no delivery even cause its that discontinued ahha) for $639 so cheaper then all these by a fair bit (even tho its GIGABYTE and i love MSI, but saving $70 would be nice) 

What do you think?

12 month warranty

Seems good. https://thetechaltar.com/gigabye-geforce-gtx-1080-windforce-3x/4/

It's very similar to MSI when it comes to the temperature and cooling. 

If you're choosing between this and MSI get which one is cheaper. 

Though I heard a lot of gigabyte cards has coil whine. But it can happen to any cards. 

21 hours ago, JayTee said:

what

Also

What do you think?

12 month warranty

So just a general guide

Zotac Mini if you are looking for a smaller build with adequate cooling (ie good case fans and plenty of them)

Founders if you are looking to be generic and have stock level perf (this is the card that the other cards are modified off of)

MSI best all round

Gigabyte just a good deal nothing amazing but a pretty good deal

Performance wise - MSI Armor>Gigabyte>Founders>Zotac(bad thermals etc.)

49 minutes ago, Canner said:

MSI best all round

Gigabyte just a good deal nothing amazing but a pretty good deal

Performance wise - MSI Armor>Gigabyte>Founders>Zotac(bad thermals etc.)

Why do you put the MSI above the gigabyte? Just curious

I would probably take the Gigabyte Windforce one, it is cheaper than the MSI Armor and it has a backplate + similar cooling performance

9 hours ago, JayTee said:

Why do you put the MSI above the gigabyte? Just curious

MSI has better customer support. But @Heeskane is right, it is really similar. Just not customer support wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out waiting was a bad idea. Umart had one for $630 + $11 shipping (so really cheap) but I didn't get it cause I was buying the monitor at the time instead (and dont have all that money at once) and then the MSI one is now out of stock and +$80 more expensive

Lets hope cyber monday and black friday give me something good.

Archived