I swear to god if I can another Festivized Scattergun offer...

deadcow4

This situation has gotten pretty bad in the low-tier unusual market. I only have one unusual listing up right now at 8 keys and have received 3 festivized scattergun scam offers today alone! If you haven't seen this before, they essentially offer you a festivized scattergun (worth less than a key) and claim it is a festive scattergun worth 12.5 keys. They then make you think this is some huge overpay on your 8 key hat. One of them included the link to the backpack.tf festive scattergun page to fool you and another one even added 2 keys to the offer, which I thought was pretty funny. I do report all of these as scam, and I feel like you should if you see it.

I am just really concerned about the quantity of these I am receiving. It is quite deceiving, especially when you're on your phone and you can't really read the item description. I feel like the icon for these festivized items should be changed to stop this confusion. I have gotten to the point where I see a scattergun with lights on it and think, "wow another scam".

Just wanted to know some other thoughts on this matter? Is this prevalent outside of the low-tier unusual market?

Holyshit. I started with 12 keys months ago and the same, a ton of stupid people who think that I'm a noob and they try to fool me with festivized items and a ton of more offers of this kind. Also an insane ammount of adds from impersonators/scammers. That's disgusting. Now I don't get anything like that, the worse things that I've see now are people offering stupid offers and when I get offers like that I just block them. (or people impersonating me)

You always get those offers. Someone offered like a 50 key unusual for my 500 key unusual a while back. Scamming is everywhere and anywhere.

Rule of thumb:

From the start, don’t add people who are deadaas broke. Tell them to send a trade offer, if the offer is bad then simply remove/block. Waste of time maybe, but you’ll get used to it.

scout

where the fuck do you keep pulling these festivizers and scatterguns from
answer me scout

scout

why are you running away

why do you have more festivisers

why do you have a ticket for the north pole

1 hour ago, Diamond jozu said:

funny thing is i have never ever received this scam yet.....yeet!

Same lol

But this is a pretty common scam, be careful

I've kinda had the opposite happen to me, someone tried to buy my c.f. crossbow as if it were a regular festive crossbow

If those scamming offers bother you,  get one Festivized Scattergun,  keep it on top of your Inventory, see if this helps 😐

Yes, Valve definitely did a weird thing with these Festivized/Festive things.

There is a major difference between festive and festivized.  Festive weapons have a LIMITED tag.

But yes, this scam is annoying. There was a kid trying to sell his strange festivized scattergun as a strange festive scattergun. Apparently traded his vintage bills for it.

17 hours ago, Corpfox said:

There is a major difference between festive and festivized.  Festive weapons have a LIMITED tag.

But yes, this scam is annoying. There was a kid trying to sell his strange festivized scattergun as a strange festive scattergun. Apparently traded his vintage bills for it.

Well the thing is even if you consider is 'major' people still fall for this scam much more than the other scams

Archived