Why would you buy a Non-Craftable Item more expensive that Regular Craftable one?

Lord_gamer_17

We all know there are some Non-Craftable items. Their source is (Mostly) Purchase from Valve´s In-game store, but once I have noticed that some Non-Craftable items are more valuable that Regular Craftable variants, I´ve started wondering why would people buy Non-Craftable items for more when they can have the same thing for slightly less. This especially confuses me about Items that drop randomly.

Have you ever bought a Non-Craftable item? Why did you choose a Non-Craftable Item instead of regular one?

Collection sakes I suppose, at least for UC Hats, there won't be anymore coming to market, simple supply and demand governs the prices for them.

1 hour ago, Lord_gamer_17 said:

This especially confuses me about Items that drop randomly. 

Well the non-craftable ones can only be obtained from the Mann Co. Store which is far more expensive than free drops, have far less available because of lack of people buying them from the Mann Co. Store + a lack of people trading them because they are difficult to trade. So someone who wants them for collecting purposes might be willing to pay more due to the difficulty in getting some of them.

1 hour ago, Lord_gamer_17 said:

Have you ever bought a Non-Craftable item? Why did you choose a Non-Craftable Item instead of regular one?

Yes, mostly rare versions that aren't available anymore or were only available via difficult means or glitch.

i.e. Lugermorph and Big Kill which seem to have somehow been obtained from the Mann Co. Store. The Sun-on-a-Stick, Sharpened Volcano Fragment, and Vita-Saw (used to be rare but became common) where the non-craftable versions could only be obtained by the old store promotion system. High Five!, Schadenfreude, and Meet the Medic when they were first released they were non-craftable, Valve later changed purchased taunts to craftable so the non-craftable ones are now limited.

I buy uncraftables on occassion if it's a drop weapon I don't normally use, but want to have in inventory just in case. that way when i'm crafting I don't accidentally craft it :) things like a classic, rocket jumper, etc

i craft a lot of weapons (it's profitable i swear) and if i have a craftable copy of a weapon, it clutters up the crafting ui.  trading a scrap for a noncraft solves this minor issue and forces me to pay... under a half cent more.  it's fun.  i like it

Well, Thank you all for the info. I personally knew about them, their source, etc. but I got congused why were they this Valuable. Now I understand. Thanks so much.

Archived