Impersonator Warning

saF™

Recently i've been having issue with impersonators. Frequently when people try to add and discuss deals with me they get hit up by my impersonators. I know backpack.tf has tht impersonator warning so im wondering how i can get one. What qualifies you to get one. I have a thousand active classified listings and have frequent trade interactions from high tier to low tier trading.

1 hour ago, saF™ said:

Recently i've been having issue with impersonators. Frequently when people try to add and discuss deals with me they get hit up by my impersonators. I know backpack.tf has tht impersonator warning so im wondering how i can get one. What qualifies you to get one. I have a thousand active classified listings and have frequent trade interactions from high tier to low tier trading.

If you want to get one, start reporting your impersonators, you can't request it, it is given if you have been shown to have enough impersonators

5 hours ago, saF™ said:

about all u can do is report on bp and steam. i feel your pain. i try to delete comments that pertain to trading/interest always. keep the +reps and fun stuff but delete the 'added for trade' etc as soon as possible. give the impersonators less ammo to work with. that's been my solution. doesn't seem to stop it entirely but it helps.

13 hours ago, Mr Furley said:

I wish I had an impersonator, it means you've made it./s

I had one once! :D

Not sure what they were hoping to accomplish though. As if my 30 trust and $5k backpack (at the time) was going to convince anyone to trade their items to him for free..

I got added by about seven impersonators and paypal scammers all going by the name Cherry this week alone, all asking "Hey, is your unusual still up for sale?"

22 hours ago, Mr Furley said:

I wish I had an impersonator, it means you've made it./s

I used to think like that, and my first impersonator was cool and felt like i had achieved something, but after that it becomes annoying.

Archived