Absence of Outpost

saF™

With the recent close of Bazaar.tf and TF2 Outpost there seems to be an absence of a site for trading like this, where you can advertise your items and receive offers. Unlike backpack.tf where negotiation is more directed outside of the site and through offers. I think that there is a good opportunity to jump on this absence in the market (I for one want another site like this). Here I wanted to pose a proposition to the owners of this site to develop a similar site for these trading possibilities.  It will not only be beneficial to you but beneficial for the community.

2 hours ago, saF™ said:

With the recent close of Bazaar.tf and TF2 Outpost there seems to be an absence of a site for trading like this, where you can advertise your items and receive offers. Unlike backpack.tf where negotiation is more directed outside of the site and through offers. I think that there is a good opportunity to jump on this absence in the market (I for one want another site like this). Here I wanted to pose a proposition to the owners of this site to develop a similar site for these trading possibilities.  It will not only be beneficial to you but beneficial for the community.

Well it's all up in the air at the moment as this was an addendum to their closing-down message:

Update:

Several parties have contacted us with interest in purchasing Outpost. To ensure we're exploring all options, please reach out via our Support Portal by end of day Wednesday, September 19, if you're interested. 3 days ago"

It could be that the scrap.tf group or another group will buy it.

3 hours ago, LSO said:

Well it's all up in the air at the moment as this was an addendum to their closing-down message:

It could be that the scrap.tf group or another group will buy it.

Thats interesting, it's got potential and I much prefer outpost trades (when it was alive) over backpack, so if geel or so bought it and transformed it (fixed the bugs, maybe updated the layout, did a full house sweep of the admins, etc) then it'd be great. More ad revenue for them too lmao.

2 hours ago, JayTee said:

Thats interesting, it's got potential and I much prefer outpost trades (when it was alive) over backpack, so if geel or so bought it and transformed it (fixed the bugs, maybe updated the layout, did a full house sweep of the admins, etc) then it'd be great. More ad revenue for them too lmao.

Pretty much what I'm hoping. I'm also hoping he'd merge premium for both in a tiered package because I like the way you can advertise on outpost.

2 hours ago, LSO said:

Pretty much what I'm hoping. I'm also hoping he'd merge premium for both in a tiered package because I like the way you can advertise on outpost.

I'd buy the Geelnet Gold subscription any day of the week

Archived