Not for sale sign

Haxxit

Suggestion:

Hello I am someone who quiet frequently uses backpack.tf and see on trade servers that have !bp commands that people do it to me a lot and ask me to buy my not for sale unusual so I would like to ask as a a suggestion to have a button when you goto your price to click on item(s) and have a button on it that say mark NFS (Not for Sale) so that it hides it from people when they !bp you unless they enable a option such as another button on your profile that says Show NFS Items so that people do not trade you and ask you if you selling something that you would never sell but if they wanna see it just to see a item not for trade reasons they can enable the ability to see it by clicking that.

This feature is to stop people from trying to buy not for sale stuff which would be a real help thank you for your time

I find the tag feature good enough for this, if they continue to try to offer on it they are probably illiterate...not worth your time anyway. You can even put an asshole message on it to begin with like I did when I got tired of offers on it.

8axdlqC.png 

Just now, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

If people already ignore your NFS marking on the unusual, I don't think the suggested feature will stop them from trying to buy it

this hides the thing does not tag it so this would make it so they would have to notice its Not For Sale

1 minute ago, ThePickleCat said:

I find the tag feature good enough for this, if they continue to try to offer on it they are probably illiterate...not worth your time anyway. You can even put an asshole message on it to begin with like I did when I got tired of offers on it.

h0qV76g.png 

I personally don't think its enough the small tag icon seems like its easy to miss like until today I did not even know thats what the red meant

Oh and the hiding is one of options they can do something like just surround it in a certain color or put something that makes it stand out as not for sale the Skys the limit

30 minutes ago, Haxxit said:

Suggestion:

Hello I am someone who quiet frequently uses backpack.tf and see on trade servers that have !bp commands that people do it to me a lot and ask me to buy my not for sale unusual so I would like to ask as a a suggestion to have a button when you goto your price to click on item(s) and have a button on it that say mark NFS (Not for Sale) so that it hides it from people when they !bp you unless they enable a option such as another button on your profile that says Show NFS Items so that people do not trade you and ask you if you selling something that you would never sell but if they wanna see it just to see a item not for trade reasons they can enable the ability to see it by clicking that.

This feature is to stop people from trying to buy not for sale stuff which would be a real help thank you for your time

36 minutes ago, Haxxit said:

this hides the thing does not tag it so this would make it so they would have to notice its Not For Sale

from your original post, "unless they enable a option such as another button on your profile that says Show NFS Items "

so they'd still be able to see it on bptf if they wanted (besides them being able to see it on steam), so it feels kinda pointless.  if they won't follow the current tag, why would they follow the the new feature

If they dont understand the Not for sale tag then they clearly have problems understanding english. If they have problems understanding english they have will have issues toggling NFS check boxes too.. Like one dude said. If they keep asking about the unusual that isnt forsale just block them. Also use a steam showcase. Its what 90 percent of other people do to show what they have for sale, and dont etc etc.

This aint a bad idea.i feel the struggle.people would usually trade me for my heavy items or.my aussies when i put a tag that its nfs

+1 on this suggestion

9 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

from your original post, "unless they enable a option such as another button on your profile that says Show NFS Items "

so they'd still be able to see it on bptf if they wanted (besides them being able to see it on steam), so it feels kinda pointless.  if they won't follow the current tag, why would they follow the the new feature

Because if they bp you most people do not know about the tag i literaly never heard of tag till yesturday i thought it marked some sort of rep/quality of the object so then hising it would be helpful i mean they don’t need a option to show it again just a suggestion on a suggestion

Hiding it I don't entirely agree with. Having a bright red star that was more noticeable than the little corner triangle when tagging I'd love to see tho. maybe with a NFS inside it? Like big. Like covers the picture of the item there. So you had to mouse over it if you wanted to know what wasn't for sale. ??

5 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

Hiding it I don't entirely agree with. Having a bright red star that was more noticeable than the little corner triangle when tagging I'd love to see tho. maybe with a NFS inside it? Like big. Like covers the picture of the item there. So you had to mouse over it if you wanted to know what wasn't for sale. ??

Welp its the backpack.tf admins choices i mean they can make a good way of saying HEY THIS IS NOT FOR SALE in anyway i just think in my opinion hiding its the best but whatever anyone wants

23 hours ago, Haxxit said:

Suggestion:

the wording of this is so longwinded and unintelligible I tried reading it thrice and gave up. There had to be a more concise way to communicate your appeal here. 

14 hours ago, SneakySpinarak said:

the wording of this is so longwinded and unintelligible I tried reading it thrice and gave up. There had to be a more concise way to communicate your appeal here. 

Basically what he wants is an extra option, similar to the `tag` option
image.png.7c67addebc44aabf382f78ce6cf920aa.png

But he wants it to say "mark Not for Sale". Which would hide the item, and then also add a button which would most likely be over here  

image.png.8507d4aebbc955105331b3c042e6dca8.png

to unhide the Not for Sale marked items.

Personally i think this would be too much work, you can just add a tag to the item and tell people that add you to offer that its not for sale.

1 hour ago, Nesquik Nibba™️ (✓) said:

Or you could just private your bp

Then what about stuff like scrap.tf and people who do not add if your backpacks private for trading

Archived