RIP TF2outpost

TheSkyShaft™

Outpost.tf was already gone

haha

remember the 

"daddy would you like some sausage?" song on the fake tf2outpost site

lmao those were the good times

anyways, it's sad that Geel is forcing everyone out of business.

It's almost as if he had too much power...

8 hours ago, Baloo said:

stntrading.eu, mannco.trade

They’re doing pretty well. Most of the other sites that you mentioned are dead/dying though...

F

TBH I saw this coming sooner or later, independently owned trading sites can no longer compete to the mega trading empire owned by Geel and SexySparta

who cares. trash site with rapey ads that hardly anyone used except 'old' traders ... even then most didn't use it anymore except the ones that had lifetime donator and felt obligated lol

Having more aggressive ads that bypassed ad-blockers and were both laggy and malicious, then going, to put it simply, "it's not our fault for these ads because we don't control what ads show up (even though they have a choice as to what company provides those ads), if you don't like them, we made premium $1", and leaving that as a problem for months backfired. That drove people away. It is what signaled for some as a dying site that was desperate for revenue. While it was already in decline for quite a while, that was pretty much the nail in the coffin. By the time they finally came round and got rid of those ads it was already too late.

It's still unfortunate, had a lot more traffic some years ago and used to be the main go-to site for trading on the whole, and with the right care, could have stayed afloat, but thanks to certain alternatives taking preference over Outpost, and poor management of the site (notably towards the end of its lifespan), it's on its deathbed.

it wasn't a particularly good site and I probably had more bad memories on it than good, but it's sad to see something which was so significant in trading for years go down.

was always nice looking through my very first trade listings on there, brought a real feeling of nostalgia going back and looking back at the items I owned and traded back when I did it for the sake of fun, a shame that's all going away - though it is probably better in the long run to erase all my cringey messages from 5 years ago from the internet anyways

It use to be good. Until it became a ran down piece of shit with the assload of ads that whenever you tried to place an item. It's dissapointing to see it go, but it had a good run.

The ads definitely contributed to it's disuse. I stopped going to the site on mobile because of how invasive and data heavy they were, and I wasn't going to donate just to make them go away and save the 30 seconds it took to bump my trades once a day.

I used to prefer outpost over backpack as a seller since it was harder to be underbid and not everyone parroted backpack's prices at you, but that time has long past.

Archived