RIP TF2outpost

TheSkyShaft™

It's with profound sadness that we must announce that our network of Outpost sites will be shut down in the coming weeks.

Ultimately the cost necessary to operate this site has far exceeded any revenue generated forcing us to take this action. We'll be leaving the site open through the end of September so please wrap up your affairs/trades, etc., as this functionality will no longer be possible once we close down the site. All accounts and associated data will be permanently removed once the site is shut down.

If you're a Premium user, who has purchased Premium within the past 30 days (on or after August 10, 2018) you may contact us via our Support Portal to request a refund, regardless of duration. If you purchased Premium before this time, no refund will be provided; however, your Premium benefits will still work on some of our other network sites, like Wowhead.com and Hotslogs.com, until the subscription expires. If your Premium subscription is set up for automatic renewal via PayPal, please end automatic renewal in your PayPal settings, or if you signed up via direct credit/debit card payment, contact us via our Support Portal to have this recurring transaction disabled.

If you have any further questions, concerns or inquiries, please create a ticket in our Support Portal.

We're sorry for everyone inconvenienced by this closure but we wish you all the best; thank you for the years of support!

Its sad to see outpost go. This will definetly have an effect on the economy :(

12 minutes ago, TheSkyShaft™ said:

Its sad to see outpost go. This will definetly have an effect on the economy :(

@2nd sentence, not really, outpost has been pretty dead for a while now

40 minutes ago, m0rxx said:

Listing items on backpack.tf is so meh.

Its actually far more useless, than on outpost. lol Hence why i hope bp.tf creates something similar/similar feature after outpost shuts down or buys outpost entirely, since with outpost in good hands, it would be superior as a trading website (no more dying shit xd).

56 minutes ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Geel assassinated both bazaar and outpost with his empire consisting of marketplace.tf, backpack.tf and scrap.tf

Geel won internet capitalism 

Don't have much sympathy for them after they started using Instart Logic to serve ads which completely raped your CPU/RAM usage.

On top of that their staff completely dismissed complaints about malicious ads which redirected the whole page (fake-AV, fake flash updates, "Microsoft Support") and the performance issues once they started using Instart Logic. 

Good riddance.

"Instart Logic's technology used to disguise third-party network requests as first-party network requests, INCLUDING the writing/reading of third-party cookies. I consider this to be extremely hostile to users, even those NOT using a content blocker, as it allows third-party servers to read/write cookies even if a user chose to block 3rd-party cookies.

The company behind the technology understand how hostile its technology is to users, and thus tries to hide what is being done by making it difficult to investigate by detecting whether the browser's developer console is opened, and when it detects it is opened, it ceases completely to make use of the obfuscation mechanism. The developer console-detecting code works only for Chromium-based browsers however, and therefore the obfuscation technology is not used when using Firefox (a different web page is served for Firefox)."

https://github.com/gorhill/uBO-Extra#ubo-extra

I think its time for them their journey.theres alot of trading sites and tf2outpost was a site to mainly advertise what they are trading.they do not affect the economy at all because they dont have their own pricing site

i think mains reason of dead of outpost is the moderation most famous trader is banned also half of top 100.

i still have 700+ days of premuim funny because i pay many months premuim just before they lower price to 1 $ months so they give me 1500 days of premuim for free.

This site is going to die if this sorta stuff still goes on, and I don't want to see a site I love die, I'm torn, because your last message is not the type of message a man that has seen the problems would post, you still don't understand my point of view, based on facts and based on opinion this is wrong. And I'd argue that many other users are banned for things that are wrong as well.

I am curious what you actually think about your system, I want you to tell me that you see 0 problems with anything that I've brought up, and to tell me that its 100% fair and just that I be perma banned from this site. (Not to mention the others in similar boats)

^ Apart of my rejected appeal to re-think and re-check perma bans on there community in regards to everyone, mostly prompted by nearly all the high/god tier traders being removed from the site. I used the appeal as a way to hold a discussion to try to make suggestions that might actually stick and try to work on making Outpost the site that benefits the community, rather then upholding 2-3 mods, with a lack of proper leadership and command structure. Regardless of that, they've done there best with that haphazard system for years now, and no one should ever doubt the sacrifices they've made.

(For the record I was banned for making a trade with "The Fat Storm Trooper", who is / was currently banned on Outpost for being rich really quickly, and not wanting to show his full trade history to Outpost Admins or Mods.)

(I was also informed he had some items  when he 1st started that came from alts or scammers, but I was not proved this, nor is this in or was in his ban notes)

A Youtuber and apart of the forfront of god tier collecting and trading, who is the current "big new thing" people are talking about in the community, and Outpost bans them without thinking. And starts to ban users who have traded with him there after.

Outpost and its admins and mods, have done more for this community then anyone could even imagine, I'm sure if each one had a book made out of all the work they've done for FREE, even they'd not be able to imagine it. The community owes Outpost alot, and this sucks that it died this way. Even with the flaws that people see, it still did more good then harm.

I tip my hat to Outpost, as well to the mods and admins that helped make this community better, it will be missed.

Wayne

tf2wh.com, tf2outpost.com, bazaar.tf, and scrapbank.me all dead.

Now trade.tf, stntrading.eu, mannco.trade and tf2r.com need to fall to give Geel the real monopoly. Albeit tf2r has been coughing up blood for years since scrap.tf raffles

Oh god, I remember back in 2012 when a friend introduce myselft into the economy, he showed me Backpack.tf and Outpost, he gave me a hat and I made my first trade in Outpost.

I don't know why you all say that Outpost is useless now, I made a ton of trades this year thanks to this site, good luck doing cash trades without it, I mean yeah, the site doesnt have the best administration but is really useful, it has a ton more options than Backpack.tf.

RIP Outpost, I will never forget you. 😥

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

tf2wh.com, tf2outpost.com, bazaar.tf, and scrapbank.me all dead.

Now trade.tf, stntrading.eu, mannco.trade and tf2r.com need to fall to give Geel the real monopoly. Albeit tf2r has been coughing up blood for years since scrap.tf raffles

Along with another dead site may be sfuminator.tf; as the owner seemingly let the domain go open.

It's honestly a shame that outpost is closing seeing as it's the only last site that (afaik) a good amount of people used since it had more features for listing items as well as a good comment/description box.

Now we only have bot sites, and bp which has uh.. basically become bot central for most classifieds that aren't unusuals, high tiers, etc.

F

Its already been said above so I dont have much to add on a "saw this coming" front. Though outpost has been the go to site for searching trading and a good look at the open market for years now they hit the flaw with (as again what has been said), the bans on high tier traders and I think more to the detriment, the ads.

Outpost ad free was an easy window to have open in the background whilst you played games and spammed that good old refresh button to see what active sellers and buyers had listing. But when the ads came, I found the site just did not like to function with Chrome at all. It was slow, buggy, half the time wouldnt load at all and constantly crashed. Buy orders not showing, items to be sold not showing. It drove me away and I came to the site less and less. No point in paying the premium service for a site I could barely use with half its functionality ripped away. If I couldnt get pages to load properly then I knew there would be others in my position who would just be driven away by it.

Now I get why ads were put in there. It was to get some funds rolling into the site to keep it functioning. But again (as said before) some of these ads were very sketchy. It caused so many problems. Stopped bumping, stopped visiting, stopped using. 

Outpost.tf was great. Emphasis on "was". Sure its sad to see another site for a beloved 11 year old game fall. But its not like it wasnt expected. Im sad to see it go even if I didnt use it. Trading activity will take a hit unless another site can crop up to take its place or bp.tf can find a way to get better functionality into its buy and sell orders.

So goodbye outpost. It was fun whilst it lasted.

Saddest news in a while.

Tf2op seemed kinda dead last year, but still, feels-feels. Been using it for like 6 years, its always was, for me like tf2.
Apart from feels, it wasn't that useless, like some people want to see it there. It was pretty good source to find decent offers without adding people.

R.i.p sweet prince, you gonna be missed.

4 hours ago, Findiculous said:

Outpost.tf was great. Emphasis on "was".

12 hours ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Geel assassinated both bazaar and outpost

16 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

Not really, outpost has been pretty dead for a while now

Pretty much how most people felt about it for the last couple of years

D87YpAF.gif

Archived