What is wrong with traders nowadays?

Le-Sten

Hello,

Maybe you've seen this happen but these days it's simply impossible to negociate with someone when it comes to stranges (I don't know for unusuals and everything else). They either don't pay for the paint (even if the paint GIVES VALUE TO THE ITEM, otherwise, why would there be any paint in the first place? Just drop painted items and that's all...),  when they buy, they buy at 50% off the bp price right away (no need to tell them that you're selling a Caribou companion at 4.88Ref, for them you're a scammer), when they sell, it's always at 100% above the normal price at least, and so on...

Not talking about the fact that I can't sell at 25% discount simple strange hats anywhere (bp, outpost, bazaar, trade server, anywhere,...).

What the fuck is wrong with people? A market just can't work with these kind of folks around.

Or maybe am I doing something wrong?

Plus, everyone's rude as hell... And honestly I'm starting to be like this a bit too.

Thanks

Well, A: strange cosmetics from what I've seen aren't very well liked. B. at the time of me writing this, u arent the lowest seller for the companion. C. Some cosmetics, just aren't as desirable. Maybe a well liked Scout hat would sell better than some medic pants. D. Most paints are garbo, normally only TS, White, Black, pink, lime, purple, and yellow add value. and even then not by much

OK.

Well here's a more experienced trader.

People don't pay extra for paint nowadays (just how the economy works nowadays) And it's virtually impossible to make profit on low tier unless YOU buy at a discount.

Sorry m8.

and i thought your post was going to be about rude traders lmao

1 hour ago, Le-Sten said:

otherwise, why would there be any paint in the first place?

Paint is there to paint cosmetics, not to increase their value.

• Le-Sten locked this topic
  • Le-Sten unlocked this topic

Ah sorry if I've been a bit too angry on that, but I really have a hard time understanding that market, I hope I didn't shoked anyone.

Thanks for the answers! ;)

Low tier trading trading is slow af.. but once u get out it gradually picks up speed.. for eg.. im into spell trading.. gives me quite a profit

When it comes to painted items, if the item is worth less than a key, it usually adds a tiny bit of value, but above a key, it really doesn't add value. 

As for stranges, I think it has been put in a hard place after strangifiers and strange parts was introduced. In most cases, I don't want all the parts on the item or maybe only 1 of the three, which is why I wouldn't pay extra for parts I don't want. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, Le-Sten said:

Ah sorry if I've been a bit too angry on that, but I really have a hard time understanding that market, I hope I didn't shoked anyone.

Thanks for the answers! ;)

I only low tier trade as of recently and made about 40 or so keys off of it and cashed out again. Only took me about 2-3 months. I mostly buy halloween items or mid tier stranges for well below price. When it comes to stranges I try to avoid common ones like a grenade launcher because the room for profit is about a scrap. Go for particular items that have bots that dont buy within a ref range. This means you can overcut and undercut bots with prices.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Scott Bakula said:

Paint is there to paint cosmetics, not to increase their value.

This is not true. There are people willing to pay more for cosmetic with paint.

idk, at the time of me writing that, u werent the lowest seller.. sorry im not experienced enough to answer ur question.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:44 AM, Pootis bird said:

I only low tier trade as of recently and made about 40 or so keys off of it and cashed out again. Only took me about 2-3 months. I mostly buy halloween items or mid tier stranges for well below price. When it comes to stranges I try to avoid common ones like a grenade launcher because the room for profit is about a scrap. Go for particular items that have bots that dont buy within a ref range. This means you can overcut and undercut bots with prices.

Ah thanks! 😮

pretty much the only people willing to pay more for a cosmetic that's painted are people who actually want the cosmetic in that colour for their own use, so the market is tiny and most people won't care if something is painted in a colour they don't want/like...

also are you assuming a "25% discount" off of current bptf price?  because if you are, that may not actually be a discount (or as big of a discount) since the bptf price may not be in-date/accurate

3 minutes ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

pretty much the only people willing to pay more for a cosmetic that's painted are people who actually want the cosmetic in that colour for their own use, so the market is tiny and most people won't care if something is painted in a colour they don't want/like...

also are you assuming a "25% discount" off of current bptf price?  because if you are, that may not actually be a discount (or as big of a discount) since the bptf price may not be in-date/accurate

Well, most of the time, it's 25% off the best offer on the classifieds. I offer these discounts on trade servers.

1 minute ago, Le-Sten said:

Well, most of the time, it's 25% off the best offer on the classifieds. I offer these discounts on trade servers.

trade servers are not the best place to do trading these days....  their popularity has really died off

Archived