I witness a scam, What to do?

Charlotte

Well, this is a pretty long story but in fb group someone who doesnt know anything about trade (He even said it was his first trade) unboxed a haunted ghost Tundra top, i offer him 25 keys cuz de 2 weeks of waiting. But someone said it is worth like 50 and after a while the same person actually traded with him for the following:  4 Probably worthless skins, spec ks night terror, dead of night and steaming boombing run. As max 11 keys worth in items so in sharking, i ask him why would you give so less, and reply me saying that he is happy with that so that is what matters. So i need to wait util the trade is done to report him? There is way to save him from lose money? (The owner of the unusual is ignoring me tbh) Anyways here are some screenshots with the proofs (Sorry for the paint BTW) thanks for reading

Scrin shot 1.png

Scrin shot  3.png

How interesting, i know exactly who the sharker is. Found their profile by sheer luck.

If i am correct, your friend can cancel the trade if it is on hold. he'll suffer a penalty for it, but it'll save his items.

I'm also certain you can leave a -rep on their profile for sharking, since he has admitted to it.

11 hours ago, TF2Scourge said:

If i am correct, your friend can cancel the trade if it is on hold. he'll suffer a penalty for it, but it'll save his items.

Yep, you are right, it is possible to cancel trades with trade hold , but at the penalty of being trade banned for 7 days. and I was just about to say that, damnit..

Well, Im the "sharker" and here i am defending myself, (idk if this is how its done):

All starts in fb where i saw a post were that guy was saying: "how much i can get for the unusal" and his trade link

Then i said him that it was worth a lot, 

Like 50 keys, and then we started to talk, after that that guy (the one who reported me) comes and offer him 25 keys, he declined the trade because he didnt feel safe (cuz his name is liar and for that he didnt feel safe)

After that he said that he wants to get rid of the hat and he likes ks weapons 

So i offer him ks weapons, hats and skins and strange weapons,he said that he was ok with the offer and he knew that isnt the value of the unusual but he was fine with it

Then he accepted and i woke up this morning just to see a -1 trust 

Here are the screenshots:

In the first one he is saying:

"Gentlemans i close the trade, Angel although the things you gave me are not worth the unusual im ok with the deal'

(Also he omitted the part where he said that)

The end lol

IMG_20180901_164300_775.jpg

1 hour ago, Angel I said:

Well, Im the "sharker" and here i am defending myself, (idk if this is how its done):

All starts in fb where i saw a post were that guy was saying: "how much i can get for the unusal" and his trade link

Then i said him that it was worth a lot, 

Like 50 keys, and then we started to talk, after that that guy (the one who reported me) comes and offer him 25 keys, he declined the trade because he didnt feel safe (cuz his name is liar and for that he didnt feel safe)

After that he said that he wants to get rid of the hat and he likes ks weapons 

So i offer him ks weapons, hats and skins and strange weapons,he said that he was ok with the offer and he knew that isnt the value of the unusual but he was fine with it

Then he accepted and i woke up this morning just to see a -1 trust 

Here are the screenshots:

In the first one he is saying:

"Gentlemans i close the trade, Angel although the things you gave me are not worth the unusual im ok with the deal'

The end lol

I don't believe you. 

The screenshots that Charlotte provided and that you provide contrast two very different stories in my eyes.

Translating the convo in its entirety from the one screenshot you provided makes it seem like the image is doctored. There seem to be a disconnect between the cut off comment up top and where your's starts.

it sounds more like you convinced him to not take Charlotte's offer and pushed your own.

I'm not a report mod, so i can't tell you to do anything. but to me, it all looks fishy.

2 minutes ago, TF2Scourge said:

I don't believe you. 

The screenshots that Charlotte provided and that you provide contrast two very different stories in my eyes.

Translating the convo in its entirety from the one screenshot you provided makes it seem like the image is doctored. There seem to be a disconnect between the cut off comment up top and where your's starts.

it sounds more like you convinced him to not take Charlotte's offer and pushed your own.

I'm not a report mod, so i can't tell you to do anything. but to me, it all looks fishy.

Well i'll give you the full story in screenshots

*1.  He said: "How much i can get for my unusual its a tundra top"

2*  I said him: Its worth a lot like 50 keys

3*  i"ll other post cuz i can't upload more

IMG_20180901_191743_360.jpg

IMG_20180901_191055_987.jpg

3*  He came and offer him 25 keys

And in the bottom he is saying: " I dont like unusuals i have 3 years playing and i dont like them

* I cant upload more

IMG_20180901_191027_105.jpg

that doesn't supprt your statement at all. He says he doesn't like unusuals, but he takes an unusual from you?

38 minutes ago, Angel I said:

3*  He came and offer him 25 keys

And in the bottom he is saying: " I dont like unusuals i have 3 years playing and i dont like them

* I cant upload more

IMG_20180901_191027_105.jpg

He doesn't have to abide by backpack.tf prices. If he wants to sell for less, he can. However, just let them know that it could go for more. This is not a scam.

Yes, (idk why) but he literally said that he knew that that wasnt worth the 50 keys

You can join the fb group, search the post and see his comment

1 hour ago, regi said:

He doesn't have to abide by backpack.tf prices. If he wants to sell for less, he can. However, just let them know that it could go for more. This is not a scam.

Everybody in the fb group said him that 

And he knew that

Now i have a -1 trust :'c

On 8/31/2018 at 11:19 PM, TryHarx said:

u could tell him if he sells it for more he could get all those items and more

I know, but he ignore me just because i have "Liar" as name on steam, so i dont know if he will listen to me

On 9/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, TF2Scourge said:

How interesting, i know exactly who the sharker is. Found their profile by sheer luck.

I'm also certain you can leave a -rep on their profile for sharking, since he has admitted to it.

I mean i think i cant do it if the trade is canceled, so i dunno if i actually can report him

22 hours ago, TF2Scourge said:

that doesn't supprt your statement at all. He says he doesn't like unusuals, but he takes an unusual from you?

He just talk to him and convinced that his items are good i guess, he probably doesnt know that with keys can buy every unique cosmetic he wants

20 hours ago, regi said:

Wait, even if he can just get the doube of money at the same time but someone convinced that their items are "good", and the owner with lack of knowgle of trading accept just to get  ride of the item isnt sharking?

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

Wait, even if he can just get the doube of money at the same time but someone convinced that their items are "good", and the owner with lack of knowgle of trading accept just to get  ride of the item isnt sharking?

I'm not sure the policy of sharking on backpack.tf. 

If he wants to get rid of the item, that's perfectly fine.

It becomes a problem because Angel is taking advantage of him and not acting ethically(?)

13 hours ago, Charlotte said:

I know, but he ignore me just because i have "Liar" as name on steam, so i dont know if he will listen to me

I mean i think i cant do it if the trade is canceled, so i dunno if i actually can report him

He just talk to him and convinced that his items are good i guess, he probably doesnt know that with keys can buy every unique cosmetic he wants

I never talked with him in private, all trade happend in the fb post.

Aint taking adventage of him, He knew that the 25 keys offer it was more but he took my offer

Also he said that in his opninion the hat was ugly

And i talked with him and i asked him if he wants his items back, he said no lol

And i said him this conversation that we are doing and he get mad lol

(I dunno if i create a new post here to upload the screenshots)

On 9/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, Charlotte said:

You might be confused about what sharking is. Sharking isn't buying an item for cheap because someone is willing to sell it at that, even if you think it's ridiculous. Sharking is when you bait them into selling it at a lower price and is usually done towards new and gullible players. From what I've discerned from this discussion, the seller has played and traded before. I certainly wouldn't sell a hat for less than half of its price, but for someone who doesn't care, why should we?

Archived