Need help upgrading PC on a budget

rawrxdallday

Hey I came to this forum because my computer is absolute poopoo and I need help. I want to run TF2, CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege at 40-60 FPS. I can't even open fortnite or rainbow without crashing and CS:GO is extremely laggy. When I put TF2 at 4:3 800x600 I can barely hit 30 FPS. I have a $300 dollar budget and I know some of you backpack.tf forum roamers have some pretty hidden knowledge and this is far out of my knowledge. I have a $300 dollar budget(I can go out of it probably) and I just want to run those games at a playable frame rate. 

My trash specs

Corsair 550M(Power supply)

Seagate Barracuda 7200(1.5 Terabyte storage)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600(Literally absolute garbage CPU)

Intel G45/43 Express Chipset(Literally garbage GPU)

8GB of DDR2 memory running at 404.4Mhz

Samsung S24B150BL(monitor)

Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H(motherboard idk if its good)

Windows 8

If I forgot to include anything that is crucial needed information just comment thank you for taking your time reading this and helping me out! I really have no clue when it comes to this stuff and I just want to game with friends without having trash frames

Honestly thank you for helping me if you do because going out of your way to help a random out is extremely kind specially when it comes to helping a guy with little to no knowledge it's probably really frustrating

It would probably be smart to pick up some used Intel quad-core http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/G45_Express.html and new GPU in range of RX570. 4 real cores and decent GPU wont get you super-smooth FPS in latest games, but it will 100% trash current inegrated GPU and old dual core (even today most of games dont really use a lot more then 4 cores).

3 hours ago, rawrxdallday said:

Hey I came to this forum because my computer is absolute poopoo and I need help. I want to run TF2, CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege at 40-60 FPS. I can't even open fortnite or rainbow without crashing and CS:GO is extremely laggy. When I put TF2 at 4:3 800x600 I can barely hit 30 FPS. I have a $300 dollar budget and I know some of you backpack.tf forum roamers have some pretty hidden knowledge and this is far out of my knowledge. I have a $300 dollar budget(I can go out of it probably) and I just want to run those games at a playable frame rate. 

My trash specs

Corsair 550M(Power supply)

Seagate Barracuda 7200(1.5 Terabyte storage)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600(Literally absolute garbage CPU)

Intel G45/43 Express Chipset(Literally garbage GPU)

8GB of DDR2 memory running at 404.4Mhz

Samsung S24B150BL(monitor)

Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H(motherboard idk if its good)

Windows 8

If I forgot to include anything that is crucial needed information just comment thank you for taking your time reading this and helping me out! I really have no clue when it comes to this stuff and I just want to game with friends without having trash frames

Give this a look. Might help. I would maybe rethink the CPU though

Seems pretty balanced, stock cooler is still a good wraith cooler. If that's what you want, I'd buy it. You may want to find a larger SSD if you can deal hunt a bit.

Archived