Gift-Wrapped Director's Vision Taunt worth?

This Particular User

Me again. I have a gift-wrapped untradable Director's Vision taunt that I won in a raffle yeaaaaaaaars ago. I've kept it all this time pretty much as a joke, but I'm at the point where I'd be willing to cashout almost everything in my backpack (minus unique weapons) while still doing a bit of trading. I know that untradable items were made unwrappable a couple years ago, and now I'm wondering if the taunt would be worth anything. I have absolutely no idea how commonly it was wrapped back then or if tradable achievement items are even really worth anything outside of the odd collector or two, but I'd still like some input.

If it's worth 100+ keys like the actually tradable version I'm going to scream

If anything, I'd say doing a trade to get a second Director's Vision taunt does seem attractive to some, even to me, but honestly unwrapping it defeats the purpose of it being a rarer item.

After changing the Director's Vision taunt to be account locked (like a Ghostly Gibus) + making gift wrap unusable on Untradable items, it's definitely a rare item, but it's usage will be limited and will be completely useless the moment someone decides to open it up.

I guess they could try making a second Unusual Director's Vision taunt but if you happened to get two of the same effects... oof.

well looking at the item,its a normal non-tradable taunt but only tradable via the wrap.if you unwrap it,will it be tradable?if not,then i dont think its worth much like the tradable one

21 hours ago, This Particular User said:

If it's worth 100+ keys like the actually tradable version I'm going to scream

No harm in trying to sell it for that much. The tradeable one wasn't traded for 4 years, and then it recently sold to someone with a very large bp with the name "The Director" (so likely he's not looking to sell). https://backpack.tf/item/1974487008

I'm pretty sure a collector would pay a stupid amount for this still. Summon @Tasty Salamanders or @Toxins

@ThePickleCat

Keeping everything in mind, I'm probably not going to have the price be like 170 keys due to the nature of it/not being able to trade it anymore period if you unwrap it. At any rate though, if anyone's still interested, I've made a trade post in the Item Trading section of the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 12:14 AM, ThePickleCat said:

I'm pretty sure a collector would pay a stupid amount for this still. Summon @Tasty Salamanders or @Toxins

Is summoned.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:49 AM, LstratosHF said:

I sold mine like a year and a half back for 30 keys. Would link my outpost listing, but it's broken for me atm

I think I might have offered like 25 keys on that?

If yours was the one I think it is I sort of got into a bidding war with someone else over the taunt in the Outpost listing's comments and ended up getting beaten.

I kind of have a number of other deals already in the pipeline so I wouldn't be able to buy the taunt right now, but I am still interested, so feel free to add me if you want OP.

EDIT: Looks like it sold before I arrived here. RIP I guess.

Archived