I Fucked Up

DarkKingKaiser

Recently I was in a trade attempt with some people, seemed friendly enough, trading an unusual taunt for 12 keys. Well they hired a middleman to moderate it for us so they didn't get scammed, I though all of it was fine an dandy, until my unusual taunt and 27 keys were gone from my backpack. I searched them later on steamrep and found out that they were both scammers and banned from several sites for fruad, scamming, and impersonating community admins. I need help badly, I am down over 50$

No one can help you, all you can do is learn a lesson and move on.

Those lessons being:
1) You don't need middlemen if you are just trading items.

2) Check whether people are banned before making a trade.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DarkKingKaiser said:

That's great. I tried putting a ticket into steam support, maybe they'll do something

That is your best hope but I will say that not to keep your hopes high because Valve did announce that they will not restore items. See here and here.  There still has been occasion where Valve did restore but they are very far in between and very rare occurrence (like new scam method).

I highly recommend using  - https://rep.tf/ - to check who you are trading with. Copy the user's Steam ID directly from their profile URL and paste it where prompted. Do not use any links that they give you to do this check as scammers will often give you links that link to the user they are impersonating.

1 hour ago, DarkKingKaiser said:

That's great. I tried putting a ticket into steam support, maybe they'll do something

nope. double authenticator = no support for scams. 

Archived