I dont know what to do next

the boss

3 hours ago, KASTRO245 said:

Recently is was scammed for both my unusual s, and all my stranges. My backpack has dropped in value. I don't know what to do next

You got scammed by the same person as Gec. And all backpack members have responsed with zero empathy. Lovely community we have here.
Your item ended up here. https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198442533197?time=1534636800

Check out this thread. If you look at the link i pasted it went into the same dudes acccount as Gec. The fencer account is a premium member here which also seems a bit iffy.

So make sure your API key is revoked and reset your password. Also, Just curious. You didnt have someone randomly message you recently offering a discount code for a site? seems like this is on the rise again...

Also. All of those scam alts have been gifted premium. So someone who is a vip has given it to them. Wouldnt surprise me if the ring leader of this phishing/fence/scam network is actually someone right at the top of the ranks..... very sophisticated indeed. sadly i dont have access to IP logs to do proper forensics but this just makes me think the upper lot of high value people are the ring leaders in this never ended scam fest. There are three high tier traders linked to most of the scammer alts and fence accounts. Piotrex seems to be the most common. Isnt it illegal for high tier traders to trade with scammers or are they playing the rules. only going for items with 12 keys or less. most of the items scammed recently have been for that value

it's on the rise. I was honestly made to feel stupid after I got scammed.
I'm running a Mac and it's pretty hard to take the EXACT evidence that these guys want with those limitations to hardware.

I gave all kinds of info, I still have my screenshots saved from my report. Good luck getting your loot back m8, it's not easy.
I was at $65 and got scammed out simply because I was chatting with someone who just helped me finish an MvM tour of two cities. told him I was trying out MP.TF and he sent a fake, blank trade offer as I clicked the deposit button there and got two BLANK MP.tf trades. I grabbed his by chance and lost $40 worth of items.Trust me, I feel ya guys, anyone out there who's been scammed. ya might as well give up and cash in, because after you get scammed Steam even seems to hold ya down, as I've gotten nothing but garbage since. I know that's just RNGesus kicking me in the crotch, but it still stings. I also know this was long winded and not of much help, but I hope you can at least get SOME kind of vindication. I got none.

@Lex Lootbegone: AFAIK there are only two ways people get scammed "using marketplace.tf":

1. Scammer guides victim to become MP seller and then sends victim a fake "incoming deposit offer" (real MP deposits work by clicking "Deposit" on MP site and then sending outgoing offers)
  2. Scammer lures victim to "sign into" Fake Steam Login website and then swaps a real deposit offer on-the-fly: MP blog entry

From your (vague) description it sounds like it could be #2, in that case you're still at risk.

5 hours ago, Lex Lootbegone said:

-snip-

because after you get scammed Steam even seems to hold ya down, as I've gotten nothing but garbage since. I know that's just RNGesus kicking me in the crotch, but it still stings. I also know this was long winded and not of much help, but I hope you can at least get SOME kind of vindication. I got none.

steam doesn't return items from scams (except that shovelware game scam fiasco), they declared this ages ago.  it's pretty much not worth your time to open a support ticket.  (i.e. nothing to do with rng, it's an old steam policy).  I think the only time I've heard of a scam victim getting some real 'vindication' was when the victim managed to track down the scammer irl and told the scammer's family

While yes, falling for scams does look like something easily avoidable, it does still suck. No reason to ever call the dude an idiot for falling for it.

Naivety exists in every human.

its a shame dude, my condolences.

Id say 99.9% of all people getting scammed today are idiots and I get embarrass by the way its presented on different sites. All to get pity-posts and "aaaahh so sad" when they fall for the oldest and dumbest shit. Apparently no one is a stranger to forums, SteamRep, BP.tf, trading, Valve policy, common sense... AFTER theyve been scammed.

Why arent people ashamed? Ive even busted a few people LYING about being scammed on Scraps raffle...!

On 8/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, DanielDee said:

And all backpack members have responsed with zero empathy. Lovely community we have here.

Problem is not community-members lacking empathy but idiots, dumb people, users expecting sympathy

You dont get, or deserve, a pity-party when you fall for stupid outdated scams and lose cancer hats with shitty effects.

"HAHA! You freaking idiot"  Should be the only reply to (almost) all threads about being scammed IMO

Shuffle-new.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, LeROY said:

Id say 99.9% of all people getting scammed today are idiots and I get embarrass by the way its presented on different sites. All to get pity-posts and "aaaahh so sad" when they fall for the oldest and dumbest shit. Apparently no one is a stranger to forums, SteamRep, BP.tf, trading, Valve policy, common sense... AFTER theyve been scammed.

Why arent people ashamed? Ive even busted a few people LYING about being scammed on Scraps raffle...!

Problem is not community-members lacking empathy but idiots, dumb people, users expecting sympathy

You dont get, or deserve, a pity-party when you fall for stupid outdated scams and lose cancer hats with shitty effects.

"HAHA! You freaking idiot"  Should be the only reply to (almost) all threads about being scammed IMO

Shuffle-new.gif

Your view is completely understandable, and as a seasoned trader I totally agree. I believe you completely fail to realize that not everyone has had years or even just months of trading experience. Over the years, the art of scamming has become increasingly polished, and if I was a newcomer to steam, I would honestly find it hard to believe the ridiculous lengths people go to and the unimaginable tricks they use to deceive you of some virtual shit. Your right, perhaps they don’t deserve our sympathy, but they don’t deserve to be mocked. We all had to be scammed once before we truly understood.

Archived