The ranges we have nowadays are ridiculous

٠•● Pollen Zest

Look at these, https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5b7984fbcf6c7517191712d1#comment-5b7a6d0744325a4bf160e049 and https://imgur.com/a/KTcY5dN we have [what I assume as I don't use bot.tf] Six, 14 refined sales, and presumably only two 17 refined sales, but Blaze is suggesting 14-17, but with the three 8 refined sales, it gets even more messy, so one, what price should I do, [as the outlier's are making me quite confused] and two as the title says can we please stop with the ridiculous ranges

Look at the Sleeveless in Siberia, I'm sorry but 11.11-16 is one the worst prices I've ever seen for an item, and I remind you that headshotdoge did it with TWO SALES, [admittedly one for each price he suggested, but it's still ridiculous]  if anything 11 refined would've been a fine price for it, But no, One sale affects the pricing of a whole item.

I could go on and on, but TL;DR, we need to decide where outlier's are and stop creating ridiculously big ranges. 

No those are only 3 sales at 14 refined and 1 at 17 ref, they carry over for the longer timespans.

Personally I'm fine with bigger ranges, you can see it as a conservative drop to 14-17 ref, and 14 ref were buy order purchases after all.

16 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

No those are only 3 sales at 14 refined and 1 at 17 ref, they carry over for the longer timespans.

Personally I'm fine with bigger ranges, you can see it as a conservative drop to 14-17 ref, and 14 ref were buy order purchases after all.

Well I never claimed expertise in bot.tf, so thanks for showing what it actually meant, but still when would an outlier start, as 14-17 is still a pretty large range imo. 

Yeah it's a common misconception of bot.tf stats when first seen, happy to clear that up.

If the sellers now were 15 ref for example you could call it an outlier, but as it stands, buyers at 14 ref, sellers at 17 ref, sale(s) at each end of the spectrum, so the range is large cause the buyer/seller gap is large, so this is fine imo.

2 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

Yeah it's a common misconception of bot.tf stats when first seen, happy to clear that up.

If the sellers now were 15 ref for example you could call it an outlier, but as it stands, buyers at 14 ref, sellers at 17 ref, sale(s) at each end of the spectrum, so the range is large cause the buyer/seller gap is large, so this is fine imo.

Honestly you still haven't clearly it up fully, bot.tf is confusing by design I swear, it feels like a pay to win system for this damn site.

Then for HeadShotDoge's Sleeveless in Siberia suggestion surely he should've gone to 11.11 instead of 11.11-16 as that should be an outlier, right.

Ok I try to put it simply. If an item sold 7 days ago, it apperas under the recent sales past 7 days as well as recent sales past 30 days, cause 7 days falls within the past 30 days as well. 

For example this 8 ref sale that I marked red, is the same sale everytime:

LMIOvqq.png

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5ae34b9044325a3df36b4d24

1 sale low end, 1 sale high end, sellers at high end, buyers at low end, same scenario as the vintage steak, fine imo, even tho ugly range yes.

I really recommend using bot.tf these days instead of unsolds. Mods will provide links to bot.tf sales on all your suggestions and you will need to resuggest at that. If you can't afford the key it costs to become bot.tf premium I'm happy to give you one of mine.

14 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

I really recommend using bot.tf these days instead of unsolds. Mods will provide links to bot.tf sales on all your suggestions and you will need to resuggest at that. If you can't afford the key it costs to become bot.tf premium I'm happy to give you one of mine.

First, explain why my strange bird man of Aberdeen was accepted without any of that [ok I know the answer, I just like pointing out needless shit]

Second, I may aswell take up your offer, no way I'm getting to black belt without it [as much I still hate bot.tf with a passion] 

and third, so we have to match the sellers and buyers, only becoming an outlier if they go over it.

And fourth, so do 14-17 for the resuggest as the highest buyers are 9.44 [so 8's are outlier's right]

[bot,tf has made me worse than I was before I started making suggestions, and fuck, my first was a shit one]

2 hours ago, ٠•● Zester said:

bot,tf has made me worse

bot.tf has allowed people to forget about proof gathering, and instead act like headless chickens, chasing after items with 1 month old prices to get their black belt up to prestige 3. It might help overall in keeping prices accurate, but it's certainly killed any need for a proper analytical look at things.

2 hours ago, regi said:

bot.tf has allowed people to forget about proof gathering, and instead act like headless chickens, chasing after items with 1 month old prices to get their black belt up to prestige 3. It might help overall in keeping prices accurate, but it's certainly killed any need for a proper analytical look at things.

I'd say the snapshots helped, and bot.tf threw us off a cliff.

4 hours ago, regi said:

It definitely took the effort needed out of making unique/strange ect item suggestions, but it makes it so more people can easily do it, making prices more accurate (in theory)

10 hours ago, ٠•● Pollen Zest said:

First, explain why my strange bird man of Aberdeen was accepted without any of that [ok I know the answer, I just like pointing out needless shit]

Second, I may aswell take up your offer, no way I'm getting to black belt without it [as much I still hate bot.tf with a passion] 

bQaODvM.png

No recent sales on it, thats like the only scenario where dropping with sellers still works.

And sure send me a trade offer.

one thing I was wondering about bot.tf but got not answer to was whether or not bot.tf filters out modified items (killstreak, paint, spells, etc.) in the sales stats pages

1 hour ago, Woifi The Viking said:

bQaODvM.png

No recent sales on it, thats like the only scenario where dropping with sellers still works.

And sure send me a trade offer.

I was joking, I had Lemons check. 

2 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

one thing I was wondering about bot.tf but got not answer to was whether or not bot.tf filters out modified items (killstreak, paint, spells, etc.) in the sales stats pages

It does not, however it records enough sales for most items that they still match the trend of the classifieds, that any oddities don't make a difference

13 hours ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

It definitely took the effort needed out of making unique/strange ect item suggestions, but it makes it so more people can easily do it, making prices more accurate (in theory)

That's entirely it. Because it now takes 3 minutes to make a suggestion, not 30, people bash out 50 in a day and the mods can't keep up. It also makes people confused when their beloved site isn't featured in a suggestion. However, this is by no means related to this thread.

2 minutes ago, regi said:

That's entirely it. Because it now takes 3 minutes to make a suggestion, not 30, people bash out 50 in a day and the mods can't keep up. It also makes people confused when their beloved site isn't featured in a suggestion. However, this is by no means related to this thread.

I would say it is related, as most of these ranges are determined by bot.tf sales. And the suggestion feature is meant for people to use, nothing wrong with people spamming bot.tf suggestions ( it takes around 30 seconds btw)

Archived