How do I trade efficently?

LostJedi

It seems as though I can't really go any higher than 15 keys in any unusual, how do I go from being a trader who sells unusual taunts and hats worth 6 - 11 keys to guys who have unusuals worth 30 keys plus?

Also I want to trade in CSGO and Dota 2 but seems as though CSGO trading is staggering because of the 1 week trade hold and Dota 2 has its own set of problems any opinions?

19 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Dont make terrible auctions for a start

I mean how will I learn if I don;t fuck things up for myself and give myself stress.

how to do it efficiently?  scale up and automate via bots

how will you learn?  it's just buy low and sell high :u  if you only have several keys to play with I'd just watch for new suggestions and see what items are hot

Here's a piece of advice for you, based on a whole heck of a lot of trading experience:

Nothing you own for the purposes of trading should be over 10% of your total value.

Three reasons for this.

1)  The potential for making a mistake, or the market shifting, etc.  The more value you have tied up in one item, the more risk you are taking.

2)  Item velocity: it gets discouraging when you haven't sold anything in a month.  1 sale per month with 10 keys profit vs. 10 sales with 1 key profit each might give you the same end result, but smaller sales that occur more frequently help you feel like you're making continual progress, rather than becoming discouraged.

3)  More valuable items are NOT where you can make the most profit.  There's a misconception that more valuable item = more profit, and it just doesn't work that way.  I've been at the point where I made hundreds of dollars a month trading, while investing very little time, with a backpack value approaching $10k at times.  And the average value of items I traded was 1-2 keys, which is a small fraction of 1% of my total value.

So the answer is basically this: look at smaller trades that you can make repeatedly.  Find items you can flip, and flip like your life depends on it.  Don't even think about 30-key unusuals until you have 250+ keys lying around doing nothing.

2 hours ago, TryHarx said:

Don’t do unusual taunts I think

depends, bots are banking them and making a lot, I've made roughly 100+ keys off them due to flipping them on other sites but that's kind of a closed street now

10 hours ago, LostJedi said:

I mean how will I learn if I don;t fuck things up for myself and give myself stress.

would be nice to make auctions.  :D

i did all you said above before., timed my callouts all wrong :D so no forum activity from me in scrap :D

Clarification: I called out a load of people once for glitching etc once so now i cannot comment on scrap.tf :( Logic eh. 32 bit solaris exploiter logic :D

lolz

its easy really, just dont hang out with friends, build any meaningful relation ships, dont exercise and dont get any other hobbies. Then waste all of your time on vatican and while not making minimum wage, or having fun.

Its like a drinking addition really

Archived