Help a ol' trader :(

Osakuya

So, I was trader with stuff like 5 or so keys which i considered a lot back in day, and I haven't really traded that much, each time i'd just go to like 5-6 keys and give stuff away.

That was like around 2-3 years ago and I haven't even launched tf2 since then.

I decided to start a fresh account and get back into trading, maybe catch a few scammers or sharkers on the way casue I legit have 8 hours on TF2.

1 problem is that I legit forgot how to trade and with major changes in economy since then, 

I want to ask you to provide me with few tips each or even "step-by-step" on some things.

I purchased 2 keys from the store. My goal is full australium spy set and a spy unusual.

Thanks to anyone who drops a few tips, guides, what to do and what not to do etc...

This guide should be helpful. You'd find life much easier starting closer to 20, as there is so little profit in low tier trading and low tier unusual trading. Hope this helps :)

Id say buy like 20+ keys and just jump into unusual trading/high tier trading (expensive stranges, max heads, etc). Gonna take a long time to build up with just 2 keys

Besides echoing the comments that 2 keys will get you nowhere pretty quick, one thing I'd really suggest is keeping your inventory public. Private profiles tend to be a massive red flag to most traders, unless the person was well-established beforehand or they focus solely on SCM-flipping instead of direct trades.

Hey, sorry for late reply, anyway, id purchase 20 keys but I am getting the wallet from brother who works minimum wage(275€ a month) and I just cant take more tham 10€ a month from him, but i guess it would be worth if i maybe traded for trading cards, any thoughts on tha

You're talking less than a cent profit per trade, with trading cards, and bear in mind everyone and their dog has seen those scrap to unusual guides. If you want to trade for a profit, you do need to start around the 20 key mark.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, Osakuya said:

So, I was trader with stuff like 5 or so keys which i considered a lot back in day, and I haven't really traded that much, each time i'd just go to like 5-6 keys and give stuff away.

That was like around 2-3 years ago and I haven't even launched tf2 since then.

I decided to start a fresh account and get back into trading, maybe catch a few scammers or sharkers on the way casue I legit have 8 hours on TF2.

1 problem is that I legit forgot how to trade and with major changes in economy since then, 

I want to ask you to provide me with few tips each or even "step-by-step" on some things.

I purchased 2 keys from the store. My goal is full australium spy set and a spy unusual.

Thanks to anyone who drops a few tips, guides, what to do and what not to do etc...

Youve started the right way atleast, trend these days is wait till you get scammed THEN learn rules and use forum.

Kudos for right approach. 

Everyone, 27th my keys became tradeable, at the time of writing this, 5 days later, i have 2 keys and 126.55 pure. Thanks everyone, but @Ninjah i think you exaggerated it a bit. I'm hoping to buy a cheap unusual in 10 more days.

On 8/18/2018 at 6:53 PM, Ninjah said:

You're talking less than a cent profit per trade, with trading cards, and bear in mind everyone and their dog has seen those scrap to unusual guides. If you want to trade for a profit, you do need to start around the 20 key mark.

Agreed. 

Archived