Are Australium weapons worth it?

requiem.

I've been playing TF2 for quite a while now and I see a lot of people with Australium weapons. They're somewhat expensive on the Community Market. I'm looking to buy one for keeps. Any advice about what's good to know about buying them?

3 hours ago, Nesquik Nibba™️ (✓) said:

I've been playing TF2 for quite a while now and I see a lot of people with Australium weapons. They're somewhat expensive on the Community Market. I'm looking to buy one for keeps. Any advice about what's good to know about buying them?

Buy from SCM. People undercut all the time and you can get a Pro KS one for just a little more than a standard in most cases. If you're willing to wait, there are often a lot more on the market during Summer, Fall and Winter sales.

Going from personal experience I found it easier to buy from SCM than buy using keys/items. When I was using keys or items I became extremely picky because I wanted to make sure it was the absolute best it could be. The ones I bought from SCM back in the day felt a lot less like a stress fest and I was much happier with the purchase in the end.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

just so you can see other responses to this question, here's another recent thread

lol that's my thread 

If you want, you can buy dragon slayer skins, they look (in my opinion) even better than australiums, and you can get them for a fraction of the price.

Of course, you can't get some weapons like the tomislav, but this will save you lots of money.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, Findiculous said:

Buy from SCM. People undercut all the time and you can get a Pro KS one for just a little more than a standard in most cases. If you're willing to wait, there are often a lot more on the market during Summer, Fall and Winter sales.

Going from personal experience I found it easier to buy from SCM than buy using keys/items. When I was using keys or items I became extremely picky because I wanted to make sure it was the absolute best it could be. The ones I bought from SCM back in the day felt a lot less like a stress fest and I was much happier with the purchase in the end.

Along the same line I bought my Rocket Launcher (https://backpack.tf/item/3911275676) from marketplace.tf. It was being sold by the scrap.tf bot for the same price as every other Pro Aussie RL, except it was already Team Shine/Tornado AND had both spells (exactly what I was looking for). It is my favorite weapon. 

Bought it almost two years ago now for $105 - https://gyazo.com/25f381af2cfd45eff45030cff73c6f69 This was a rare find that I jumped on immediately, if you exercise patience , you will find a good deal too.

Archived