newly owned aussies worth more?

Matthaezues

I'm not to sure if this is the right place for this but heres the thing.

some guy added me and asked me the price of my aussie and i told him the bp.tf price and then he said something about it being worth more because im the first owner of it.

I am new to trading and I am still learning about trading things so I just wanted to know if this was true or not.

Thanks for your replies in advance!

3 hours ago, Matthaezues said:

alright thanks man. i didnt think it was something worth considering

In short, yes. However it requires someone who is looking for 1-owner histories. I sold an australium sniper rifle around 1.5 keys higher than bot sellers this way, but it's not really worth sitting on it that long.

Guys I think he's referring to the level of the sniper rifle, not it's history. An australium weapon's level depends on the which tour the recipient was on when receiving it. Some people will pay more for certain levels with numbers they like. (100, 69, 777, or in OP's case 1) I'd say you should be able to get an extra key out of it.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

Guys I think he's referring to the level of the sniper rifle, not it's history. An australium weapon's level depends on the which tour the recipient was on when receiving it. Some people will pay more for certain levels with numbers they like. (100, 69, 777, or in OP's case 1) I'd say you should be able to get an extra key out of it.

https://backpack.tf/item/7037387118

No, I think he's pretty clearly referring to being the first (and so far only) owner of it.  As others have said, only a select few people are willing to pay a small bit extra for a shorter history.  Overall, it's probably not worth the extra time and effort it would take to find someone who cared about a short history and needed that exact weapon and wanted one without parts or a KS on it.  If you're willing to put in time and effort, you'll probably make a better profit by trading it for unusual overpay and selling that.

Levels are an entirely different matter; someone might pay a bit extra for 100, 69, or even 42, but level 1 is the most common level for aussies, so basically no chance of getting anything extra for that.

Archived