IMPORTANT FESTIVISER NOTICE

BisKit

Okay so I am fairly new to trading and one day I decided to try and open a crate to possibly make a profit. I open up a holiday case and get a festiviser. I then did my research on it and found that it could make me a heafty key profit. So I use it on a strange scattergun I got also from Backpack.TF only to be greeted with a miniscule amount of refined metal.

In other words: Backpack.TF made me loss a profit because apparently they're too lazy to actually show the difference between two versions of a festive weapon.

So I lost a key and more just because Bacpack.TF sucks at giving all the details. 

To anyone who works at Backpack.TF I ask you to please fix this and also to possibly give me a key back so I can regain some lost profit.

Backpacktf only displays the price of a ''strange scattergun'' not a festivized one. If you check the stats of a strange festivized scatter, you can find sellers at 1.6 https://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Festivized Scattergun/Tradable/Craftable

Also, applying the festivizer makes you lose the value of it. Like for example, nametags are worth 10 ref, but when you apply, no one pays extra for the name tag applied, so in this case, applying the festivizer just makes you lose a little bit of value.

When I read the title, I assumed that yet another person got scammed because they can't differentiate between a festive and a festivized weapon. However, I wasn't expecting to find that the person scammed themselves.

@phenompak

Actually BP.TF actually does show the price of a strange Festive ScatterGun. It's the Dark Red price.

Also would you know of anyway I could get my key back for free? I feel like Backpack.TF was responsible for this lost of profit.

Screenshot_20180810-215141.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-215122.jpg

Why are festive and festivized weapons separate and one cost a ton more than the other?

They're litterally the same exact concept: Put some Christmas lights on a weapon.

How is any normal person supposed to know the difference????

1 minute ago, BisKit said:

Why are festive and festivized weapons separate and one cost a ton more than the other?

They're litterally the same exact concept: Put some Christmas lights on a weapon.

How is any normal person supposed to know the difference????

look at the lights PROPERLY!the festive has more colour while festivizeD has lesser colour.also festive can be obtain from a very old crate and is a limited edition.when trading it,the thumbnail of the festive and festivized looks different.this here is your fault

"Why are festive and festivized weapons separate"

Because festivised weapons are ridiculously easy to obtain, and festive ones aren't.

"one cost a ton more than the other?"

Same reason.

"They're litterally the same exact concept: Put some Christmas lights on a weapon"

Collectors and unique items are literally the same concept, yet one is worth a few hundred times more due to rarity. Same concept here.

How is any normal person supposed to know the difference?

By not being dumb? Very rarely do we see people like you who get tricked by this item schema difference.

3 minutes ago, UniqueBob said:

How is any normal person supposed to know the difference?

By not being dumb? Very rarely do we see people like you who get tricked by this item schema difference.

actually alot of inexperienced traders and falling on this method

i like how you're trying to blame a big-time trading website for this fault over a key when they have already made the difference.colour lights are different,thumbnail different.wording is dfferent.it would only be your fault if you were careless only

anyways we dont mean to be mean or bad to you.just be more vigilante in future

1 minute ago, BisKit said:

Thanks. I'd ask if anyone was willing to give me a pity key but that'd sound greedy and would invite scammers.

chull broodah,you lost only 1 key.thats nothing compared to most people around here

Ill just say this, when I first started tf2 and trading, I bought an aussi gold paint to apply to a weapon thinking it could be an australium. 

5 hours ago, killerpanda993 said:

Ill just say this, when I first started tf2 and trading, I bought an aussi gold paint to apply to a weapon thinking it could be an australium. 

My favorite noob story yet. Gotta love the logic behind this haha!

8 hours ago, BisKit said:

@phenompak

Actually BP.TF actually does show the price of a strange Festive ScatterGun. It's the Dark Red price.

Also would you know of anyway I could get my key back for free? I feel like Backpack.TF was responsible for this lost of profit.

Backpak.tf is in no way responsible in you not doing your research or reading something carefully. Besides, what do you want them to do, give you a festiviser? No way that's ever happening. Take it as a lesson to do your research before committing to something

13 hours ago, BisKit said:

@phenompak

Hey, not sure if you realized this, but this is a FESTIVE Scattergun. If you used a Festivizer, it would be called a FESTIVIZED Scattergun.

Also, you do lose money if you apply Festivizers to most weapons. I would have just sold it and pocketed the difference. Just a heads-up for the future.

5 hours ago, Izi said:

You can still use that to shark some noobs 😂 so dont worry

I wouldn't even joke about that

3 hours ago, Nesquik Nibba™️ (✓) said:

Hey, not sure if you realized this, but this is a FESTIVE Scattergun. If you used a Festivizer, it would be called a FESTIVIZED Scattergun.

Also, you do lose money if you apply Festivizers to most weapons. I would have just sold it and pocketed the difference. Just a heads-up for the future.

no need to beat a dead horse, I think OP gets it

• BisKit locked this topic

Archived