Krispywafers

A scam or real

Krispywafers    1
Krispywafers

so today I got a message from a valve moderater (if it is one) comment on my screenshot with him saying this:

Good day trader, 

There's been a report in your account due to some duplicated items which is your items is involve. Can you make a legal statement on this and if possible make a counter report regarding to this issue. I want you to make a proper appeal on the said issue.

Thank you and have a good day. 

𝘖𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺: 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎 
NOTE: 
Failure to comply will result an account trade banned and IP banned effectively 24 hours from now. Community Admin Kaiser Weilas will follow-up and assist your ticket for fast response.

Ticket ref: http://KPTN-9855-G0M3Z-8072 http://ccf5fd01   (sorry about that filter)

could it be like something i don't know?

Mengh facepalms.    746
Mengh facepalms.

It's a scam. No Steam or Valve moderator will ever communicate with you via Steam Chat Messages.

By "verifying", he will ask you to send your some of your items to an account, where in doing so, you will never see your items again.

Report his account on Steam and feel free to report him on Backpack.tf and SteamRep for impersonation as to scam.

rave    9
rave

pro tip, if they claim to be a steamrep admin just put their id into steamrep LMFAO

Diamond jozu    226
Diamond jozu

i highly suggest you to check all sorts of scams that can occur on steam right now or else you may fall for it...

Scott Bakula    1186
Scott Bakula

Another great identifier is that all Valve/Steam employees have an exclusive badge that will always appear on their profile page.

Diamond jozu    226
Diamond jozu
48 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Another great identifier is that all Valve/Steam employees have an exclusive badge that will always appear on their profile page.

to be more precise, Valve Employees get the 'Valve Employee' badge which is the logo of the pipe on the bald head dude.

Steam Community Moderators will get a badge called 'Steam Community Moderator' badge which looks like a sheriff badge.

unsure if all gets it but most valve employees have a special purple tag on their steamrep to show they are the real deal and have the impersonator message whereas Steam community mods dont have special tag on steamrep nor the impersonator message

Getta0422    0
Getta0422

I fell for it and dragged 2 of my friends down with me he got 4more unusuals and countless stranges out from our inv and we are still just waiting that maybe he is not a scammer

Getta0422    0
Getta0422

well now we are f*cked reporting is useless his profile went private and he got tradebanned so we never see our items

« SɱokEy »    92
« SɱokEy »

Please report the user on the main site if you havent already