got scammed :(

Billybin_

Yeah it really sucks, but at least now you know about it and can be more careful in the future. As well, I know losing out on those things sucks but at least it wasn't worth a massive amount.

damn.you bought an unusual and 30 minutes later you get scammed.why do traders never read about the scams that can happen?

Damn fam, that's a serious case of blinded by greed. Getting offered "3 times" what you paid should send up some pretty big red flags. Also him telling you its worth 12 refined is pretty great.

wait if he told you the scattergun is only worth 12ref and you still went through with the trade, is that even a scam?

1 hour ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

wait if he told you the scattergun is only worth 12ref and you still went through with the trade, is that even a scam?

i think he meant 12 keys.

11 minutes ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

what says "TOO LARGE"?  I don't get it...  also what did you lose ?

I lost most of my items and The file size for the picture is too large and I cannot change that fact

Just now, ascendedcockatoo said:

I lost most of my items and The file size for the picture is too large and I cannot change that fact

you could upload it to an image sharing website like imgur or something  and just link it here...  I'd also suggest making a separate thread about your thing

Just now, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

you could upload it to an image sharing website like imgur or something  and just link it here...  I'd also suggest making a separate thread about your thing

Okay

3 minutes ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

https://imgur.com/OSljj7N Here is the scam pic the scammer and their trade are circled in red

1 minute ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

you should actually tell us what happened... do you have any chat logs?

No i do not have any chat logs sadly :(  but it's a scam bot impersonating a trade bot that had an unusual virtual viewfinder and the scam bot said they'd give it to me and even bribed me with a picture of a fake trade with the item.

Oh well, backpack.tf doesn't give you free items for it. Most you can do it file a huge report for him on steam rep or rep.tf, and get him banned on there.

Hope you be able to get the profit back, good luck.

Archived