Trade bot

swaaaty

Hello! I coded a bot for myself and i was wondering how can i get that lighting bolt working? And auto-bumping too. Anyone has any ideas? (node.js code). I saw many posts for that lightining bolt but just for sells not for buy orders too... Anyone have any ideas?

Do you know how that OAuth works, saw a new method they are working on..

The lightning bolt comes as a part of using Backpack.tf Automatic, however, you can recreate it in your code to get the lightning bolt upon your classified listings by using the heartbeat function within the source. Simply put, you just need to POST some information to the https://backpack.tf/api/IAutomatic/IHeartBeat Heartbeat API every 5 minutes.

Edit (and probably a lot easier): You can also just POST to the Auxiliary Heartbeat API for Backpack.tf which is more for 3rd-party clients.

This information will be is:

params = {
	method: "alive", // Tells the server you're alive!
	version: versionNo, // "1.3.3" was the latest version before Automatic was stopped so you could put that.
	steamid: botsSteamID64, // Bot's steamid64
	token: yourBackpackTFtoken, // Your backpack.tf token found @ https://backpack.tf/connections
	buy_orders: enableBuyouts  // true or false, depending on whether you want to have buy orders with Automatic
};

Backpack.tf offers auto-bumping as a feature, but only if you're (or the account is) online. With a bot running almost 24/7, it means that the bot's listings will be bumped every x hours or so. Donating $5 using the bot's Backpack.tf account will allow the bot to auto-bump trades every 3 hours, $10 for every 2 hours and $20 for the ability to bump your trades every hour (NB: this doesn't stack, I do believe). You can also get the ability to auto-bump your trades every 30 minutes, as well as some other great features, if you subscribe to Premium status for your bot account.

To enable the lightning bolt symbol for buy orders, just set "buy_orders" to true, when you're posting it. This will update buy orders e.g for when you run out of metal.

I am still a newbie at this code...I tried doing everything you said, didn't work out...

EDIT: Manage to get that working, but i still have one more question. Any way to remove listings after the trade has been succesfully done?

40 minutes ago, swaaaty said:

I am still a newbie at this code...I tried doing everything you said, didn't work out...

EDIT: Manage to get that working, but i still have one more question. Any way to remove listings after the trade has been succesfully done?

The backpack.tf site does this automatically when a user's backpack contents are refreshed on the main site. With the volume of trades that a bot goes through, you'd expect quite some users to go on the bot's backpack and update its contents upon them viewing it. Hence, if a listed item is traded off, when backpack.tf next updates the backpack of the bot, it will automatically take the listing off for you for when you've sold an item.

For buy orders, they'll only get hidden by Backpack.tf when you run out of enough metal, however, I'm not too sure of how they can be removed completely.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:00 PM, swaaaty said:

Any way of making a max stock code? Couldnt find any help 

You can't just make a max stock-code on something you dont already have, you need to have a base code. But simply said, check how much of the item you have in your inventory, if it's above your target, dont post the listing, if it isnt, post the listing

Archived