*NEW SCAM?* 1st time scammed in 3 years

PoorAsianBoy

Hey guys,

I'm a pretty reputable and experienced trader but jeezz, this one guy got me pretty good. 

I just got scammed off of a green confetti team captain from a method I have never seen before so I'm just gonna share it with you guys.

There's a game called Abstraction on steam where you can get an identical version of an item like the one in Team Fortress 2. Take a look below:

image.thumb.png.7976cb5a05bd2f4322a16a8c88643e10.png

I'm much at fault because I was in a game so I didn't recheck the trade the scammer and I talked about and quickly accepted the offer not looking at what the item was. I really didn't think something could be "replicated" like this. I want y'all to not be dumb af like me and be careful about this scam.

What the fuuuuuuck. What is valve doing?? This is like kind of not even your fault, of course it partially is since you should've checked before the trade, but its practically cloned and steam allows it on their platform.

1 minute ago, phenompak said:

What the fuuuuuuck. What is valve doing?? This is like kind of not even your fault, of course it partially is since you should've checked before the trade, but its practically cloned and steam allows it on their platform.

Yea lmao I was really dumb for not checking but least it wasn't a big scam. Hopefully they can shut the game down. It really is nothing more than an opportunity for scammers to make money in this case.

Wait, so he duplicates it and posts it in the trade but It looks in the trade like the actual item but ya not? If so then that’s crazy!

Just now, WinstonHobbs said:

Wait, so he duplicates it and posts it in the trade but It looks in the trade like the actual item but ya not? If so then that’s crazy!

No, there's a cheap, trash game for Steam with in game items that are tradable, but one of them is a near-identical copy of a value TF2 item.

I didn't catch... You can customize that in-game items, like put your own picture and description, or there is ready-made Rocket Launcher? Are there any csgo knives?..

3 minutes ago, Hell Killy said:

I didn't catch... You can customize that in-game items, like put your own picture and description, or there is ready-made Rocket Launcher? Are there any csgo knives?..

I don't really know I think there are drops. Not sure why they are identical to other high valued items though

why they are identical to other high valued items though

To decorate your profile without great expense, I guess.

46 minutes ago, Beaser said:

>Notes: Abstractism Launcher and Abstractism Inventory Service are not Bitcoin miner (and are not Monero miner too, honestly). These apps are required to connect to the Steam and grant items to your inventory.
Uhh, why the hell do they even need to mention this...? Unless something is actually going on...

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/app/781600/discussions/0/1762481957312736653/

hmm

This is probably the first actually original and intelligently deceitful scam method not especially similar to most others or easily detectable as compared to said others in 5 years. The fact that this game exists (requires third party software as well to bitcoin mine using your rig, against Steam's TOS anyways even if this joke of an item isn't) is like, Steam Greenlight bad.

• Teeny Tiny Cat locked this topic

Archived