Urgent question

olimar5050

So just now I got a message from this guy named Darth Chicken Gaming, asking to trade for my unusual. Im not a very big trader so I tell him I'm not interested in trading, but he keeps offering, and asking if im selling any other items. I thought Im gonna help this guy out and tell him not to waste his time with me, he threatens to get me and my account VAC and trade banned, but i wanted to expose this guy for actually trying to blackmail me into trading him, I just want to spread awareness in making sure this cunt doesn't scam anyone ever again

Chat Screenshot.png

Chat Screenshot2.png

ChatSceenshot3.png

ChatScreenshot4.png

It's 99.99% an impersonator that is trying to scam you.

He has no power to give you vac bans, and even if he did, no Steam support member would message you through Steam chat about it.

You pretty much did the right thing in being suspicious and not giving him your unusual. Get his steam profile link by clicking on "Darth Chicken Gaming" in blue on the Steam website and enter this into the backpack.tf search box.

5b539fc29601e_ScreenShot2018-07-21at22_02_41.png.723208d372ff4a04adec3658ffd946dd.png

Go on his profile and report using the red flag and leave a negative trust rating on him through clicking on "TRUST" on backpack.tf, posting these screenshots as evidence. You should also leave a report for him on SteamRep.

5b53a22ef2646_ScreenShot2018-07-21at22_12_34.png.f330d50bba5c7436086a69c156a7346a.png5b53a24260636_ScreenShot2018-07-21at22_12_59.png.8caa9f038f51acea68d3aed3c950e89d.png

3 minutes ago, Mengh facepalms. said:

It's 99.99% an impersonator that is trying to scam you.

He has no power to give you vac bans, and even if he did, no Steam support member would message you through Steam chat about it.

You pretty much did the right thing in being suspicious and not giving him your unusual. Get his steam profile link by clicking on "Darth Chicken Gaming" in blue on your steam dialog and report and -rep him on backpack.tf, posting these screenshots.

Thanks so much man! I really appreciate you're help!!!

When someone says "here's my BP backpack" (in chat or on their Steam Profile page)

the first thing you do is open that backpack.tf page, hover on user name to get a popup

and click on "community" link.

Then you compare two Steam Profiles and (usually) find out that you're dealing with impersonator.

19 minutes ago, Daddy Alex said:

When someone says "here's my BP backpack" (in chat or on their Steam Profile page)

the first thing you do is open that backpack.tf page, hover on user name to get a popup

and click on "community" link.

Then you compare two Steam Profiles and (usually) find out that you're dealing with impersonator.

Yeah i noticed they do that alot, ill keep that tip in mind thank you

6 hours ago, Noss said:

So... What's the question :P

you must have very bad eyes to read the post.its rather obvious that he's asking for help or if its this is even legit.OP said he isnt much of aa trader so yeah...

i dunno why people even DO this stuff. anyway you did the right thing. you held your ground, and uploaded the evidence. all you really need to do is report him anywhere he has TF2 connections to. like valve, backpack.tf, rep.tf, trade.tf, steam community, and where ever else you can find him.

3 minutes ago, IAmSeamonkey said:

i dunno why people even DO this stuff. anyway you did the right thing. you held your ground, and uploaded the evidence. all you really need to do is report him anywhere he has TF2 connections to. like valve, backpack.tf, rep.tf, trade.tf, steam community, and where ever else you can find him.

If he really wants to report him, then he can make an onsite report via the issue tracker and upload all evidence

Obvious and pathetic scammer. You can report to steam as well if you havent already and maybe they can get the account locked for attempting to impersonate/threaten into trading.

And no offense to the OP but even if it were the real Darth, they wouldnt add you for a Bubbling Woolen Warmer, Skill Gotten Mannrobics or a Batsaber

Really glad you guys were nice to me. I've been on the tf2 forums and seen how much they hate naming and shaming (rightfully so since it is against the rules to do so) and was a bit worried to get backlash for naming and shaming here.  Thanks to everyone for replying!

7 hours ago, Findiculous said:

Obvious and pathetic scammer. You can report to steam as well if you havent already and maybe they can get the account locked for attempting to impersonate/threaten into trading.

And no offense to the OP but even if it were the real Darth, they wouldnt add you for a Bubbling Woolen Warmer, Skill Gotten Mannrobics or a Batsaber

It fine I am fully aware my hat is low tier

Archived